Will Longhorn run on this?

tokyodrifter

Yeah, talk is/was that LH will require a DirectX 9 capable video card, and a minimum spec - if I remember correctly (which isn't guaranteed!) - of an 800Mhz processor. Couple of mates in the components trade reckon the word is that LH is going to be a Windows95, time-to-upgrade-your-hardware sort of release. It's to push along sales of new hardware as well as the OS, which hasn't really happened since Win95 was released, and those old 3- and 486's just weren't up to the task any more. So, in short ( :) ) no, tokyodrifter, I don't think it will run for you. Or at least not very well.

Yeah, talk is/was that LH will require a DirectX 9 capable video card ...

No, as far as know the absolut minimum requirement is a DirectX 7.0 Graphics card. There will be 2 graphic "levels", Tier 1 which, as you say, needs DirectX 9.0 to run and Tier 2 which survives on DirectX 7.0.

Yeah, talk is/was that LH will require a DirectX 9 capable video card,  and a minimum spec - if I remember correctly (which isn't guaranteed!) - of an 800Mhz processor. Couple of mates in the components trade reckon  the word is that LH is going to be a Windows95, time-to-upgrade-your-hardware sort of release. It's to push along sales of new hardware as well as the OS, which hasn't really happened since Win95 was released, and those old 3- and 486's  just weren't up to the task any more. So, in short ( :) ) no, tokyodrifter, I don't think it will run for you. Or at least not very well.

In WindowsME you had to have MMX Technology :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments...it's currently running Windows Server 2003 right now and I'll give LH a shot.

dont bother windows longhorn is a pieace a crap i had it. its a buggy pieace of s*** :D and i had the latest leaked version :rolleyes: just wait untill the first beta comes out :)

LH is still over a year away. The current releases don't have anywhere near all the features implemented that the final product will. By the time everything is implemeted much of the hardware that the current pre-alpha can run on will not be enough.

• 1 month later...

well, if you ask me, M$ and Intel, atleast are partners (secretly!),

E.G

M$ leeks there owns b3tas a few yers before release, at this time people can run as its not finished it will run on there CURRENT hardware.

M$ releases new OS, and people buy, they find out it wont run!? so they UPGRADE, and there u go, a perfect partnership

and they also give well high-rated Min specs?!

the new OS is just overrated and just tooo flashy!!