W98SE asking for batmeter.dll - wtf?

HTS-500

Hey, im stuck with a kinda strange thing, every time i start windows, it shows up an error that batmeter.dll is linked to a nonexistant part of **.dll (dont remember exactly), but EVERYTHING works ok (it shows up after the desktop loads), then i tried to rename the batmeter.dll to see what happened, now it asks for batmeter.dll but i just click OK and EVERYTHING works ok, then i just checked all the autorun programs and dll's with autoruns, the only program at startup is wbload, but i tried unloading windowblinds and reloading it running directly wbload.exe, and the error doesnt show up so thats not the problem, then tried disabling most of the dll's at startup (basically all the internet/networking related ones, as that pc doesnt even have a modem) but the error stills showing up... then i took a look at batmeter.dll, and as you may guess its the dll that measures the battery on the laptops, but im on a desktop, i have no idea of what use could batmeter.dll have on a desk nor what program is calling it, the msgbox just says "Error Starting Program", but there's no way to know what program (the task manager only shows wbload and explorer.exe.... i havent tried with process explorer, but anyway, there are no more programs in the startup)

that error appeared recently after a restart i made with no changes, i have installed UnSP2.1a, RPLite v4, 98SE2ME and Kernel Update 0.2.5, again after i installed all these the error doesnt showed up, it showed up after a normal restart with no just-installed programs or anything like that

any ideas?

Edited by HTS-500

i disabled systray.exe, when i said "all disabled exept wbload.exe" i really meant "ALL disabled but wbload.exe" (exept shell32.dll, i guess explorer.exe need it)... i will try restoring the original w98 dll's following charle's link

and lmao @ miko :D