uninstall vista

tasmanian78

I have installed vista on my computer but I cannot go the one place on my puter that i want so I want XP back really bad. I put my restore disk in and it is like my computer is posessed. Turns off wont restore... Then when it does it say compatibility issue. I have tried formatting through dos and everything else. Anyone have any solutions that might work.

Or boot from your xp home/pro cd or unattended dvd or whatever and delete the partition when the drive/partition screen comes up. This is the easier way. There are tons of patches on the net for vista. See if they can help you run blahblahblah on vista.

Edited by T D

Then check your bios settings and make sure you PC tries to boot from a CD/DVD before it tries to boot from a hard disk.

BTW I find the easy way to reformat is to use good old fdisk which you can grab from here and just make a boot disk:

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Download the Windows98 or WinMe boot disk one. Need a disk of course. Then upon boot it will run the disk and you simply type in disk when it is done and go from there. I assume you know how to use fdisk. If not search google or microsoft.com real fast.

• 3 weeks later...