[addon] CDBurnerXP

ZcWorld

CDBurnerXP Pro is a free CD/DVD burning solution.

With this software you can burn CD-R, CD-RW DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW discs.

# Writes all kind of mediums apart from double-layer DVD (follows in next version). Burning video-DVDs is limited.

# Burn audio-CDs with and without gaps between tracks

# Burn on the fly / Burn-proof

# Supports most IDE, USB, Firewire and SCSI drives

# Rip Audio-CDs to harddrive, obtain track-information (ID3-tags) from Internet

# Burn and create ISO-files

# Customizeable with many settings

# Data verification after burn, create bootable discs

# (will be) available in multiple languages

# 100% freeware - no adware or restrictions

# bin/nrg->ISO converter, simple cover printing and much more!

# Operating systems: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003 Server.

homepage : http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

http://files.filefront.com/cdbxpcab/;5201018;;/fileinfo.html

filesize : 10.15 mb

MD5 : 6CE9D8038E182DBC93F7EF5D4A303B9A

updated link

same as last post link info

Edited by zc_au

its an ok appz

its takes a while to get to know where thing are in it

i cant really tell you that much about it i had it installed once or twice thats about it when i testing it but i cant remember anything about it

i will get it installed tongithw hen i get home to do some testing but its look like and easy to use

That's a good app if you know :

- ver 3.0.116 (latest stable) is 20 monthes old

- needs .NET 1.0 or 1.1 : slower than nero 5, comparable to nero 6 (but there's no flickering in the UI like in nLite)

- relies on IMAPI (edit: seems like i'm wrong here - see Camarade_Tux posts)

Once familiarized with, it's easier than nero : there isn't lots of "compilation types" to start with : you start with a Data CD which is by default multi-session unless you finalize it, if you have a non-finalized disc in drive, it will continue it automatically, etc...

I found this design very intuitive

++

Edited by Delprat

I found this design very intuitive

I don't really agree with this, for instance

-to make an audio cd after a data cd, you have to completely close the program then relaunch it.

-if an ISO is too big for your cd, it won't tell you, just hope you burn a rw.

But yes, it's free. :yes:

I don't really agree with this, for instance

-to make an audio cd after a data cd, you have to completely close the program then relaunch it.

-if an ISO is too big for your cd, it won't tell you, just hope you burn a rw.

But yes, it's free. :yes:

-> imagine what happens if you checked the "start with last compilation type" option :D:lol:

i presume the author has other interests than correcting these bugs.

++

i prefer this burning iso files than any other, ive tried quite a few burners and this is the only one that never causes corruptions

when reinstalling ive learned some hard lessons losing disk data due to corruption so no matter what i now always recommend a full verification after any burn and never hurts to open contents of disk and click on one or two files to make sure its ok

also...i hate....HATE cd rw's

sometimes data mysteriously vanishes from them plus thier only good for about 2 or 3 overwrites

Camarade_Tux > ok (previous post edited). next time i'll have something to burn, i'll try again. but i'm sure i had to activate imapi to use cdbxp (maybe something else i didn't see that time)

dcyphure > if you only burn ISO, you may try the commandline tools cdburn.exe & dvdburn.exe from windows ressource kit tools (rktools.exe). and then use something like cdcheck (or just commandline tools FC or COMP, or something like a md5summer). The best (if you're feeling paranoïd) is to check the disc with another drive, or (if you have only one drive) to eject/close the tray before checking.

And CD-RW are good for more than 2-3 writes (far more...) don't buy "noname" !

++

i prefer this burning iso files than any other, ive tried quite a few burners and this is the only one that never causes corruptions

when reinstalling ive learned some hard lessons losing disk data due to corruption so no matter what i now always recommend a full verification after any burn and never hurts to open contents of disk and click on one or two files to make sure its ok

also...i hate....HATE cd rw's

sometimes data mysteriously vanishes from them plus thier only good for about 2 or 3 overwrites

I use CDRW's all the time. I have for about 9 years pretty regularly. I have some of the same discs that I've been using on and off for 9 years.

A CDRW disc is supposed to be good for about 100 burns. I've probably hit that mark with some of my discs. Occassionaly I've run into older drives that don't like CDRW discs, but I've never once really had a problem with them.

I'd wager you bought bad discs, or have a bad drive.

there will be a new update addon release

this one i found if anyone else may have this problem shortcuts are not working and its missing its install file

or maybe its only being for me i getting that problem

so if anyone else there will be a new release in the next 34 hrs

if not posted than or around that time

PM me and ask me where it is :) lol