BDD Admin 3.0 and WAIK for Vista, Where are they

cerw1n

I keep reading that BDD Admin 3.0 and WAIK were supposed to be ready on connect.microsoft.com and for MSDN subscribers. I am still not seing it on either. Has anyone seen these around for download? They have documentation ready for them and are offering classes and the product is not even out? Thanks

they aren't available for MSDN yet i believe only "tap" partners and on Connect to select members, hopefully they will be released soon to the public, i would expect more toward the end of july... BDD 3.0 is still really beta, i mean with screens missing and stuff like that, WAIK has been absorbed into the BDD system, it is part of it now. So now only the BDD, most likely to be BDD 2007 when it comes out... sticking to the trend and such ;)

BDD 2007 Beta 1 is available for download from Connect in the Vista downloads section. It was added on 6/7/2006. Its labelled build 5384 so I presume its based on Vista Beta 2.

Edited by Paraglider

again you have to be one of those "special" people who have access to vista/WAIK/BDD note everyone doesn't have access to that section, only the beta testers and TAP partners

Edited by fizban2

from Nathan Mercer's Blog

How to download the Windows Vista AIK, WDS and Windows PE 2.0

After last months Windows Vista Technical Training Sessions @ Connect, one of the frequent questions I had both during the presentation and in email after the event, is how do people get their hands on the tools that I talked about and demoed.

I promised I would publish the info on how to download it once we had the process in place

Well, overnight the bits were released onto the Microsoft Connect portal

https://connect.microsoft.com/programdetail...amDetailsID=682

You can sign in there with your passport (click the above link), register your details and get immediate access to the download

What we've actually released is a beta version of the Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) tools for Windows Vista, which just so happens to contain the bits that we showed off during the event. The file you probably want to download is BDDVista_Full.cab: This file contains dependent and related tools and guidance, including: Windows AIK with Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and Windows PE 2.0, User State Migration Tool (USMT) 3.0, Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) 5.0, Enterprise Learning Framework guide and a deployment whitepaper targeted to mid-sized organizations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wxgwxg

who can email me the imagex? i'am not the beta tester!!! thanks a lot!!!

email removed by Martin L... warez is NOT allowed on MSFN.

Edited by Martin L

Hi all,

two questions?

- I downloaded it, but now it is gone....??? Is there anybody still able to see it on connect

- I installed it, but it simply doesn't work. I tried it on W2k3 and W2K3 R2, I have no chance to get a build. The MMC always make trouble. Anybody here who is more succesful??

Kind regards,

shortie

Hi all,

two questions?

- I downloaded it, but now it is gone....??? Is there anybody still able to see it on connect

- I installed it, but it simply doesn't work. I tried it on W2k3 and W2K3 R2, I have no chance to get a build. The MMC always make trouble. Anybody here who is more succesful??

Kind regards,

shortie

Question 1#

yes it is still there, i can still see it on my connect page and can still download it.

Question 2#

What is the error that you are getting when you trying to run the BDD?

Hi ,

well after starting the "new build wizard" I fill out everything asked for, build id, name, org, serial, admin passw. The the process starts, after a while a window pops up simply saying that an error regarding the mmc could not be reported, and the mmc has to shutdown. After the restarting bdd workbench, I cann add apps, and drivers, but I can't make a build.

regards shortie

P.s.: Tested on

a physical maschine with w2k3 R2 (running a domain), same on VMWare GSX

and today on w2k3 enterprise with an updated mmc (no R2 installed)

shortie,

i have the same issues on a machine i am working with, go into your distrobution folder that was created by the BDD (usually the HD that has the most Free space) there is a folder called control found there. in control, there will be a build number folder based on what you gave as a number for your build, also a build.xml, delete both of these but leave the application and Operating system xml files as they are. now you will be able to use the BDD again with it crashing

• 7 months later...

*BUMP*

Why is the connect.microsoft.com site so useless?

You type "vista" in the search box, something as simple as that

and the page doesn't even change! No results for "vista" on

a Microsoft site, come on...

I got the WAIK from there in the past, now its not even available?

How the hell are people doing unattended installs of Vista then?

People are just not doing unattended installs of Vista anymore?

D.I.C.K.H.E.A.D.S........

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

:realmad:

Edited by LeveL