What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?

What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?

• Windows Defender
    • Ad-Aware
    • Spybot S&D
    • ewido
    • About:Buster
    • CWShredder
    • HijackThis
    • Spyware Blaster
    • My professional tech mind
    • A combination of the above (Please post)
    • None of the above
    • All of the above

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

• Spybot S/D
  • Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spy Sweeper (w/o AV)
  • BitDefender AV
  • Zone Alarms Free Firewall
  • PeerGuardian2
  • Avira AntiVir (as file scanner only)
  • SuperAntiSpyware (scanner only)

Edited by njven

• 1 month later...

Is there a website showing the test beetween all this software? For what i can say in vista windows defender do its job. the other alternative would be for me spybot and adware but theses 3 softs are equivalent

• 1 month later...

I personally and at work have used Symantec corporate AV and superantispyware. Another good anti-spyware program is malwarebytes. Now I have some 64bit machines running and have temporarily fallen back on AVG due to symantec corporate (end point) not having vista 64 ultimate support. I am waiting for a call back from a Sophos rep tomorow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've used a few of the ones in that list, but after a couple years of battling spyware, I was able to determine how to deal with them without those programs. Currently, my computer hasn't had spyware on it for well over a year, because I am careful about how I do things on the internet.

My favorite apps for dealing with spyware (on other people's computers) are: File Monitor, Process Explorer, NTFSDOS and Regedit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried a number of antispyware programs...from AVG to Kaspersky and Nod32....

Some are annoying in continually reporting problems (even when they may not exist).

Some interfere with Windows operations and slow down the system.

Some do absolutely nothing but take up drive space...I have yet to see them detect anything.

Stay away from McAfee or anything that contains the Norton or Symantec brand.

Do NOT use Microsoft Defender - it is useless (no surprise).

I finally narrowed my testing down to two programs that seem to work well for me.

SUPERAntiSpyWare (it seems to detect more of the NEW trojans and viruses that are missed by other programs and it does NOT interfere with Windows operations)

and

Spybot Search and Destroy (although I dont use the Resident SDHelper and TeaTimer)

- I DO use the program just for scanning the drives for problems once a week.

This is just my opinion...I just became more interested in antimalware and antivirus when I started being

attacked by various trojans and false virus advertisements to sell useless antivirus software.

SUPERAntiSpyWare and Spybot Search and Destroy (plus making sure my Firewall is ON) and I seem to have less problems.

• 1 month later...