What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?

What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?

• Windows Defender
    • Ad-Aware
    • Spybot S&D
    • ewido
    • About:Buster
    • CWShredder
    • HijackThis
    • Spyware Blaster
    • My professional tech mind
    • A combination of the above (Please post)
    • None of the above
    • All of the above

I use Adaware, Spybot, and Ewido for my friends infections. and noone mentioned this

For myself:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite, includes Internet Firewall/ OS Firewall (that is awesome) Antivirus and Antispyware.

I love ZA, i only had to spyware attacks on my own pc, 1 of them ZA stopped before it executed, the other was that **** image meta file crap, didnt stop all of it.

but if i ever do get an infection, I unplug the pc, boot back up into safe mode, backup all my data files that have changed and restore my HDD Image on another Locked Hidden partition. I am backup and running in 15min (fast!), then i update my data and make sure all software is updates, and add/remove software. and overwrite the image.

That is the #1 sure thing protection is a HDD Image, its so simple and fast, all my apps, data, and settings are all restored.

And i bet people this format and start from stractch, That used to take me Hours and hours to get it back.

B

Instead of ZA, try Outpost Firewall v4.0.

I wouldn't recommend pulling the plug on your PC, rather just disconnecting the dial-up/ethernet cable from your PC, that's much safer hardware wise.

Also, harddrive imaging is the ultimate solution, yes. I use Acronis True Image Home Edition v10.0. :thumbup

Common Sense Antivirus. And the best part is that it is completely free, but hard for many (including myself at times, lol) to acquire.

I haven't (ever) gotten any sort of malware, at least in recent memory, and I don't usually run an AV scanner. Sometimes Windows Defender, though. Two other tips are to reinstall Windows every month (like I do, but for other reasons [not because I run a pirated copy; I don't]) and:

firefoxspreadbtn5pg2.png

and/or

opera468x60gu6.jpg

Edited by WBHoenig

• 2 weeks later...
"You are not your #$#%&^ system specs, you are not your uptime stats, your script file, or your oversized desktop screencap. You are not your broadband connection. You are not your #$#%&^ postcount."

:lol: You are not your #$#%&^ khakis! :D

i use anti-virus (regularly updated) and its anti-spyware, adaware, spywareblaster, firewall, up-to-date patch of OS, firefox (or dropmyrights with ie), low privileged account, and of course, my professional tech mind ;)

I don't really use anything, I use a squared a-squared Free and one of various anti virus programs (depending on what I have installed at the time) to check my computer after I've downloaded viruses to make sure I don't have anything loose on my system...

that reminds me, I need to back up my stuff before downloading more viruses... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Combination, full list of stuff below:

Anti-Spyware: Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpywareBlaster, Spybot

Anti-Virus: Avast Home Edition

Browser: Firefox

Disk Management: CCleaner, Disk Cleanup (Included in Windows), Disk Defragmenter (Included in Windows)

DVD: AnyDVD, Daemon Tools, Nero 6 Reloaded, Power DVD, UltraISO

File-Sharing: uTorrent

Firewall: Comodo Pro

Graphics: Paint.NET

Instant Messenger: Windows Live Messenger with A-Patch

Media Player: Windows Media Player 11 (audio and streaming videos), Media Player Classic (downloaded videos - included in K-Lite Mega Codec Pack)

Office: Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise

PC Visuals: LClock, XPize

Tech Tools: Dial-a-fix, HijackThis, Unlocker,

Utilities: Everest Ultimate Edition 2006, Foxit PDF Reader, K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, PowerArchiver 2006, TuneUp Utilities 2007, Tweak UI, UPHClean

Only the following cost money from the list above; AnyDVD, Nero 6 Reloaded, Power DVD, UltraISO, Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise, Everest Ultimate Edition 2006, PowerArchiver 2006, TuneUp Utilities 2007

Edited by Ultimate Predator

For the most part, I use my mind. Just being careful on the web. On top of that, I do have AVG free antivirus installed, CCLeaner, Ad-Aware, and ZoneAlarm firewall + a hardware firewall in my router.

I haven't had a virus in the 10 years I have been using a computer (I have been using since I was 6 [i feel like a drug addict :P]) nor have I had any malware garbage on my computer, or anything of the sort. I've been fairly lucky in all my years experience.

If your careful, and don't let any questionable things on your computer, you should be good. It is a good idea to have some cleaner programs on your computer just in case, so you don't lose any data, but it is a good idea to reload a system after getting a virus. It would just ensure the computer runs good. I've seen many computers that have had a virus on them and then been cleaned with software. They don't run right at all. Usually the virus does some damage to files and it doesn't work right afterword.

Anyway, I'm out for tonight I think.