What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?

What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Anti-Malware application?

• Windows Defender
    • Ad-Aware
    • Spybot S&D
    • ewido
    • About:Buster
    • CWShredder
    • HijackThis
    • Spyware Blaster
    • My professional tech mind
    • A combination of the above (Please post)
    • None of the above
    • All of the above

For me, it's all of the above and a few more. My Anti-Malware Pro package contains everything I ever need. Starting with Spyware Blaster, CCleaner, CWShredder, About:Buster, Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, Spybot, ewido, and finish with HijackThis.

My Pro package comes with Thunderbird and Firefox itself, along with the defs as of the package build and Firetune to optimize Firefox.

Edited by Tarun

I have Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D installed, but I never use them because I'm always careful when surfing the Internet. Using Firefox, combined with my knowledge concerning Adware and Spyware and where it is usually located, I never get anything that could harm my computer.

Spybot S&D, a dash of common sense, and a healthy dose of FF with NoScript and a few other key ext's., and no IE, OE or WMP. However i very rarely run Spybot because i don't ever seem to have problems.

I use pretty much everything listed in the poll. Similar to About:Buster and CWShredder, I always keep Peperfix on my thumbdrive for the rare times I run into that.

I personally browse with Maxthon in order to maintain IE compatibility. It has a pretty powerful blacklist feature with support for wildcards and has never let me down.

For one of my clients I actually resorted to using whitelisting in IE. Basically I configure the restricted sites zone as you would normally configure the Internet sites zone and conigured the Internet sites zone as you would restricted. This way only the sites that the president of the company has approved of will receive normal access. Everything else is pretty well crippled. And even the approved sites are still subject to the blacklisting in Maxthon. Haven't had one problem there since this was implemented and some of the secretaries there could screw something up in a couple of seconds if anybody could.

SpybotS&D, SpywareBlaster, and Outpost's Anti-Spyware plugin for prevention. Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Outpost's Anti-Spyware for removal.

Oh... and not being stupid when surfing the web. ;)

If you're advising someone in IE, use trusted zones, the HOSTS file, disable Java and ActiveX.

Ad-Aware, Spybot, M$ AntiSpyware & common sense.

Actually... if you've got Service Pack 2, Spybot S&D, and SpywareBlaster installed you only need a little bit of common sense not to get into too much trouble with your computer. Disabling Java and ActiveX isn't necessary, since ActiveX controls now need to be confirmed before they're installed, and Java applets aren't really the method of choice to infect computers.

Oh... and I just discovered Ewido Anti-Spyware... very very nice. :yes: