Best Photo Editing Software

• 1 month later...
My fave must be Photoshop 7 ... Filled with features, well structured interface and extremely stable! I can't wait until Photshop 8 comes around! ... Its bound to be a godlike app!  :excited:

:excited: 8 !!! That's gonna be da BOMB!!

Anyway.. I agree.. Photoshop 7 is the best app ever... untill 8 off course :)

Now that I have a keen grasp of PSP (I've been learning for the last few months!) I now have a better understanding of Photoshop. Still, the only advantage I see in Photoshop is the massive number of plugins for it. Is there a big plugin site for PSP?

• 2 weeks later...

Photoshop is the best, IMHO. Paintshop Pro is just too awkward to use.

PS is much more versatile. You really can't compare the 2. Paintshop Pro compared to Photosop Elements is an even match.

I use PS7 for all my graphics. See my sig for examples of my work.

• 2 months later...

I like to use PS7 or 8CS, PSP7, PhotoImpact, Adobe Premiere and MGI PhotoSuite. It really depends on your needs. (and what you can afford of course.)

Sometimes even the default Paint that comes w/M$ is good too, and its free! :)

I use both PSP 8 and Photoshop 7. I've been using PSP since v3 and PS since v4.

Which do I like best? It depends on the job needed. PS is the standard so its better to use for professional work that's going to be printed or taken to a graphics shop. PSP is for quick and easy work (and smaller file size) PS always inserts its "branding" into the files, which makes them a tad bigger.

PSP was easier to learn (in my experience) than PS, my opinion is that they BOTH are great software. PSP could not be considered a "contender" with PS till' version 6 came out.

Now, both are comparable in terms of results. No matter which you like or choose, you end up with the same professional results.

• 5 weeks later...

Photoshop 7 no question about it. It took me awhile to use it properly and ive only just discovered its full potential. Its great editing software to make graphics.

I used Paint Shop Pro 8 at school for a digital photography class a couple years ago and it had to be the most unstable program. The tools were pointless and didnt contain most tools photoshop 7 has.

By the way I read Photoshop 8 has removed some of its filters that Photoshop 7 has, so i aint buyin that. :)

My fave must be Photoshop 7 ... Filled with features, well structured interface and extremely stable! I can't wait until Photshop 8 comes around! ... Its bound to be a godlike app!  :excited:

i have 7 and the only thing i can do properly that comes out how i want it to come out is resizing an image.

other than that i'm god awful.

I can't wait until Photshop 8 comes around! ... Its bound to be a godlike app!

It has come out - its called CS not 8. Now, whether it has turned out to be a godlike app is open to debate.

I've bought ACDsee 6.0.2 PowerPack, and I find it sufficient for all my imaging needs (unlike what you might expect, it does lots more than just image editing/resizing/conversion etc.)

• 1 month later...

Photoshop 7 or CS, there is no other. CS makes you register and activate the software though (similar to XP) which is somewhat annoying.

I'm actually surprised that no one has said "The GIMP!" Oh wait, this is the Microsoft forum network.

Seriously, I've used 6, 6.5, 7 and now CS; PS is the best there is.

• 4 weeks later...

Yet no doubt. I have Photoshop CS on my compuiter now AND its good, very much the same as Ps 7 though.

One thing i fail to answer myself, coz i havent tried it yet coz i couldnt be bothered, can u ope PS8 photoshop files in PS7?