[Release] Windows XP PowerPacker 1.0 RC8 Beta4

Siginet

Sorry I must have mis understood your issue. Your best bet would be to get rid of any spaces in the paths to anything. Anyone else having an issue?

I know I ran many tests myself and fixed any bugs I could find. But it is possible I missed something. That's what I need everyone here to verify for me. I can't keep coding powerpacker if no one gives me feedback. I have no idea if people are successfully able to use it or not. All I know is it works for me.

Same problem here, the driverpacks themselve are not copied to the target folder... no spaces in the path :s

I have a strong feeling that this issue is caused by cmdow.exe being deleted by your antivirus program. Recently Symantec and a few other AV programs have been claiming cmdow.exe is a virus. Which we all know is a crock of sh!t. The DriverPacks use cmdow.exe. PowerPacker utalizes the DP Base unattendedly so that it does everything with no user interaction. What is happening is the DP Base is erroring out on not finding cmdow.exe and then quits before finishing it's job. :(

I may work on a fake cmdow.exe that will work just like the real one and see if it will work instead of the real cmdow.exe. If it works I will post it for others to use. ;)

Another thing that could cause this is... check your mysettings.ini

Look in

[settings]

driverpacks = "select"

if it says:

[settings]

driverpacks = "all"

Change it to:

[settings]

driverpacks = "select"

also...

[selectDriverPacks] should list the DPs you are going to slipstream.

We found a small bug in the DP Base that is somehow triggered by API mode. Which is the mode used when another program utalizes the DP Base like powerpacker does.

I reported it to Bashrat and he is looking into it.

Same problem here, the driverpacks themselve are not copied to the target folder... no spaces in the path :s

I have a strong feeling that this issue is caused by cmdow.exe being deleted by your antivirus program.

i too have no spaces in my paths...

cmdow.exe is still there so i'll assume that it wasnt deleted and nod32 hasnt had a whinge about it...

i'll doublecheck mysettings.ini

• 5 weeks later...

hi Siginet! i'm new to this part of the forum ... but i have once in a while seen Power Packer when i visit ryanvm's site as well as some parts here ... in fact i downloaded your app once but haven't had the chance to test it yet ... ;) ... what rekindled the curiousity was seeing it in Super-Magician's sig :) ... i'm sorry i haven't done much reading about Power Packer yet ... but may i ask, how different is it (features & capabilities-wise) from nLite, Integrator & HFSLIP? thanks!

hi Siginet! i'm new to this part of the forum ... but i have once in a while seen Power Packer when i visit ryanvm's site as well as some parts here ... in fact i downloaded your app once but haven't had the chance to test it yet ... ;) ... what rekindled the curiousity was seeing it in Super-Magician's sig :) ... i'm sorry i haven't done much reading about Power Packer yet ... but may i ask, how different is it (features & capabilities-wise) from nLite, Integrator & HFSLIP? thanks!

It is completley different from all of those apps. It is for making multiboot disks. Whereas the other utilities are for slipstreaming/integrating/modifying one disk. PowerPackers main purpose is to compile all of your xp disks onto one disk. So instead of carrying 5 disks (XP Pro Corp, XP Pro Retail, XP Pro, OEM, XP Home Retail and XP Home OEM) you have to only carry one disk with all of them. You'll also have options to use driverpacks for each load or even choose to have it unattended or not. In the next release you will be able to choose from multiple winnt.sif files so you can use different settings for each load.

[it is completley different from all of those apps. It is for making multiboot disks. Whereas the other utilities are for slipstreaming/integrating/modifying one disk. PowerPackers main purpose is to compile all of your xp disks onto one disk. So instead of carrying 5 disks (XP Pro Corp, XP Pro Retail, XP Pro, OEM, XP Home Retail and XP Home OEM) you have to only carry one disk with all of them. You'll also have options to use driverpacks for each load or even choose to have it unattended or not. In the next release you will be able to choose from multiple winnt.sif files so you can use different settings for each load.

Hi SigiNet,

Just thought to drop in again....

Remember me ? I haven't been on this forum much lately, but about a year ago (or has it been longer) I was one of the first to test and support PowerPacker.

I see you've been busy with other projects too: the attention needed for RyanVM-integrator and other utils probably kept you from taking PowerPacker to the ambitions you explained to me then: to have PowerPacker be a multiboot-creation utility for not only XP, but also all other MS-OS'es.

I'm planning on reading up on all of the UA-MSFN-forums myself, since there seems to be a lot going on. I however do hope that you will continue to support and further develop PowerPacker, since it allready has great merit and still has great potential of being one of the main utils for creating the truly ultimate unattended install DVD (maybe in conjunction with other great programs as RyanVM (als integrator), BTS Driverpacks and Roguespears AutoImage).

Anyhow, my appreciation and thanks for the joy you bring us and best regards. Keep up the good work!

Moesasji (moesasjilive@gmail.com)