Bootable ISO Server App?

Drewdatrip

Im sure the majority of yall dont remember me but im an old timmer when it comes to MSFN...I havent been around much due to RL type ish needless to say with vista up and comming i have been pokin my head in and taken a look around.

Anywho Im a tech for a local biz in my area and im getting tired of everyone losing my Unattended cds applications etc etc Im looking for a application that i can run on the server that will allow me to boot off them via the network.

Maybe somthing like a bootable cd or flop that allows me to see the srver and then gives me options which image to install.

I know you can do this with windows 2k server with RIS and Activie directory, unfortunatly they dont want me modifying the way the network works so ya here i am

Any recomends ?

Thankx

Drew

you could just use ghost

1 example invloves creating large extra driver folder,

than install windows on any machine install all required software, run sysprep (deleting all .... (including driver) info) and creating a ghost immage.

it would only leave you with the laste stage of windows setup,

with pre-installed software or you could use runonce (or whatever) to start a software selection tool...

I used Several versions of ghost and i am unaware of any versions that allow to host an assortment of iso on a machine that one can image oer the network

Maybe im missing somthing or im not reading what you said correctly..

Drew

mostly what ive sean was, creating prefab images that hade basic software aplied. then where syspreped so all driver info would be re-installed (like the last part of windows setup would be re done).

this way you could install the same os immage on more than one machine.

with the rest of the aps that wherent on all systems we just created auto-installers (sfx files if you want)

so deploying the ghost, we just would go about and selecting the profile of other aps we wanted on the machine, (just runnen a batch file)

later on we started to use ghost-cast server 's inbuild new features to intergrate into a MS domain and we could just go about and re-deploy a machine from 1 clik of a button from the server.

but there aslo seam to be PXE servers around. that are Free (or GPL'ed)