the "litest" win2k/xp you could make

sleepsleep

hi, :hello:

wanna know the "litest" size (size, not size on disk) you got after nlite"d" win2k (sp4+hfslip) or winxp (sp2+hfslip).

beside nlite tools, is there any other tools that after we set up win2k/xp, we could run eg. a .bat file to delete all "unnecessary/unpopular files" :whistle:

i got 134mb for win2k/sp4+hfslip (june 06)

i heard somebody made it to 20mb :o:o:o man, is this real?

Edited by sleepsleep

I just noticed this thread, oddly.

anyway, that site owner, thanked me. and then goes on to say he changed the licence , ... , too bad it dont work that way lol.

I guess it only works when you charge money in your license isn't it ?

well why not ? I got the file and it has a new license (mine), you have a problem you can try my lawyers on the privacy page. (and if this license change is not good enough, then your "other" license file can be changed as well). if you haven't noticed yet I have published NVIDIA and ATI drivers on my page, which of corse have a different license "agreement", same goes for the 3 winblows .dll files in deleted edition (which fix the blaster worm during deleted edition "installation") the new license is better so don't you think people would prefer that one ? you have to understand that whenever people download something they read MY license, then they read the in-file license, in both cases they read a good license which suits their needs, EVEN IF we had a legal problem here, the users are the ones that gain, they were only exposed to MY new license, so you can't sue them anyway, the users will be able to KEEP their newly-licensed software because they were not exposed to any of your licensing material (which as mentioned above can be taken care of) which means anyone downloading (obviously) your files from MY site, are going to download and use it under MY terms because (1) they download the material from MY site and (2) the material is now mine (because it is on my site) and it uses my license, for any legal problems please contact my lawyers, I can only offer one good advice, if you want to make good things that people will like, you might wanna try to avoid inconsistencies between your site's legal terms and your file's legal terms, which (obviously) in this case allows me to do what I did, which is something that you can verify with my lawyers (which I did).

Edited by monohouse

so, your sayin your downloaded it, broke the rules, broke the security of it.

and are now redributing it.

I would now ask msfn to shutdown this thread, for its discussion of illegal activities.

Thanks,, oh yah thats bannable too.

and since you have a website and your hosting it yourself. I will be contacting your isp, letting them know of your illegal activities and your redistribution of security broken version of microwinx.

hope you have logs, or you'll be losin your house.

or you can, remove everything microwinX from your site, and all my files.

The choice is yours.

oh and for the record, the licence you or whoever gave you the file agreed to.

$15,000 per download fine, when microwinX is not intact in its origional form.

Which makes you responsible for all the downloads, and fines.

Edited by gdogg

oh and for the record, the licence you or whoever gave you the file agreed to.

$15,000 per download fine, when microwinX is not intact in its origional form.

Which makes you responsible for all the downloads, and fines.

---

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

im not here fightin for respect, just protecting my work.

with users like that, taking the work, and breaking the licence agreement, and making there own licence.

It makes it so users can steal the work, and not get in trouble and call it there own, and sell it.

Nice to see some how people act, when its my project, if it was a guy stealing nlite, we all know how these forums would be.

and btw, I offered him a alternative didn't I?

now you goto work for 1 year, have someone steal all your work, and since someone like monohouse , comes around, makes it so its now the property of some money hungry corperation and you got nothing else you can do , cept sue the guy who was a "pirate" at heart.

and really, you lose respect for me, over a part of an agreement, there soley to make it un economical to steal the microwinX code and call it there program making a profit off of it.

honestly, I dont see how, unless your goal was to steal it. Now imagine a big corperation steals nlite, makes a new UI, and sells it for $50 a copy. What do you think nuhi would do about his work, let it fly?

Now what if nuhi couldn't do anything about it, cause someone else stole it, make the licence useless and they stole that.

Edited by gdogg

Can someone update me on this...who's selling what?

Is microwinx in some way being sold?

And who stole what...links please.

note: haven't read it all, just got a note to come here

Ok I took some energy left at this late hour and this is it I hope:

- license agreement of the microwinx has this weird line saying that you should pay 15k if you breach the license...which is what are courts for, no need to enter the sum, when you make something and put copyrighted signature in the program it's your intelectual property.

- manoa made similiar project, I don't know if it's a rippoff, we'll see in the next episode

Should I lock this I don't know...

heres what iv gotten so far:

this guy made a project simalal to microwinx

it does not apper to be just a strait rip, its not nlite based.

he is offering links to microwinx

he is offering a download of microwinx with a changed license that i dont know if he changed the source, however is not allowed

Oh in that case monohouse you broke the law, if you confirm this you should remove that from your site. I don't see how can it affect you to hold it so tight if your whole work is not based on microwinx.

Oh in that case monohouse you broke the law, if you confirm this you should remove that from your site. I don't see how can it affect you to hold it so tight if your whole work is not based on microwinx.

The majority don't appear to be based on MicroWinX.

yes, thats all I want, is my microwinX stuff removed from the site.

He already broke the integrity of the agreement on my site, I setup just for protection, until I get a better written one, which can protect the project.

if he just linked to the site, or mirrored, there would of never been a problem, he is hosting, on a computer of his, my project, protection removed, which you'd normally get at download to unprotect, and he say he even changed the licence for those who dont like mine.

I dont want to do anything to this user, except have my project removed from his site, and the download of the unprotected licence changed microwinX.

Edited by gdogg