[Question] Beta 2 Services Help

3aces

i got vista beta 2 up and running after a whole day of messing around with drivers and that s**t,

now i have disabled many services in order to speed up things, my knowledge on the services is very limited and the internet isnt helping at the minute

if its possble by taking a look at task manager pic, can someone help me out on what other services i can disable to increse perfomence yet, keep functioality??

you see i dont dont believe in such programs like that, i just work on the method, if you get something workin to how to want it and remove the crap, then all is gd lol

in this case 95% of services in windows are rubbish.. which need to be removed

So you think that MS is just adding services in order to get your system slower?

Most of the additions they've made is to provide more services to the end user and easier use of the operating system.

Since all those additional features requires some processing power and memory to run... your system might be a bit slower than with Windows 95.

Features are a lot of times at the expense of speed. There is always a tradeoff.

On the other side MS has put things in place in order to speed up your system. Readyboost is one of them (it speeds the system by paging to fast USB sticks in place of 'slow hard drives), Smart I/Os which offer the possibility to stop indexing/online defrag process whenever you need the I/Os for other user applications.

There are many more of them but I just can't remember them out of my head.

Playing around with services is something you can do as an experiment but that you wouldn't do for a productivity workstation.

i totaly understand what yor saying, but wen i play around with OS's i want features but with the least amount of resources, i mean for instance that usb fearture, i persoanlly feel it is a waste of time, runnning vista requires alot of memory, so by having 2 or 3 gb of it a paging file isnt necessary, and also system runs smoother with out a paging file anyway