I hate WORD 2003 SP2, it the most untalented soft in THE WORLD

vanya203

I used to use Word all the time and I tried out OOo Writer. The problem with both of these programs is that they're styles oriented, in other words you have to program paragraph characteristics, page characteristics, etc. and then apply that "style" to the program. Then you have styles based on other styles, so if you change one style, you can end up changing another.

In the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use styles, this can have serious unintended consequences as formatting that you spent a lot of time working on gets undone because someone changes styles on you.

If you hate style oriented wordprocessors, there is only one program for you . . . and that's WordPerfect. It's based on "stream formatting", i.e., the use of codes which can be shown with reveal codes to program the formatting.

So if you bold something, there is a <bold start> code and a <bold end> code. You can see the codes and figure out what's going on with your document.

It's a completely different paradigm for styles but it is a much better way to do complicated wordprocessing. Since I've switched to WordPerfect, I almost never use Word.

Give it a shot.

Web pages !

You can do anything. :P

Take some XHTML 1.0 transitional, some CSS, print. One wonderful thing is the ability to have a background for a whole line, not just where you have text, but on the whole line!

Everything is clean, you can make blocks, put them where you want to...

Ok, I'm still inexperienced in Website coding but this seems really wonderful.

And I'll see if I can find a place to try WordPerfect. ;)

i like wordpad that comes with windows. its small, efficient, and its fast. i dont need anything more, iv used office 2003, 2000, and XP and they're all the same to me. too much for what i need to do. if the teacher at school cant open my RTF file, then he can goto hell. i dont understand why he needed everything in bloody .DOC format anyway :blink: wordpad comes native with 98 if you install it, which theres no reason not to install it.

im not saying its a bad piece of software, its just for what i do, its too bloated. i dont want a 200mb word processor on my laptop. id just as soon use the 200kb file that came with windows :P

my spelling is fine anyway, so i dont need the spell check. i find that letting the computer do too much, can leave you with sentences like "if you do you work on you computer, you can get it done much faster" where as, it should be "if you do your work on you computer, you can get it done much faster" when i look things over, i notice errors like that almost right away and ill fix it. if i cant, then i call on a dictionary, or dictionary.com :P

i say "quite a savings in space" :)

i like wordpad that comes with windows. its small, efficient, and its fast. i dont need anything more, iv used office 2003, 2000, and XP and they're all the same to me. too much for what i need to do. if the teacher at school cant open my RTF file, then he can goto hell. i dont understand why he needed everything in bloody .DOC format anyway :blink: wordpad comes native with 98 if you install it, which theres no reason not to install it.

He probably didn't know what RTF was. Btw once you've typed it, you just need to find a friend with Word.

Also, if I were you, I would have given my work in both formats telling my teacher just to try the rtf one before the doc and check if there is a difference.

my spelling is fine anyway, so i dont need the spell check. i find that letting the computer do too much, can leave you with sentences like "if you do you work on you computer, you can get it done much faster" where as, it should be "if you do your work on you computer, you can get it done much faster" when i look things over, i notice errors like that almost right away and ill fix it. if i cant, then i call on a dictionary, or dictionary.com :P

It's pretty handy when you translate something pretty long, underlined words helps a lot. Of course, not all errors are spotted but quite a few.

Edited by Camarade_Tux