XPCREATE 2006

GreenMachine

Hi Shindo_Hikaru,

Thanks for the XCPREATE download. I am trying it at the moment but there is some information missing. The XPCREATE website is gone. Hopefully it will be back soon. The package is creating all the directories again but now I do not know where to putt all of them. Is there anybody who can provide this information.

Thanks,

Bitfrotter

:thumbup

Hi GM no offence meant but r u abandoning this latest updated version or r u still working on it.Not replying to all the enquiries regarding u'r site is a bit lame. :no: It seems history is repeating itself again. :blushing:

Sorry if my post is offending u. :angel

Edited by Mann

Hi GM,

I have a similar question as Mann. What is happening with your site. Do you have problems with hosting your site. I am using the previous XPCREATE for a long time now and I am very happy. Thanks to Shindo_Hikaru I have now the July version and starting from scratch. However it is notclear what is changed and where to put all files. There are so many directories created in this new version. Is it possible to publish more information about this new version. Thanks.

Bitfrotter.

PS: I will post my findings with this new version.

B)

Lets not assault GM, remember that we all have lives which include fun, work, pleasures, and hopefully not but the unfortane incidents. So lets work with what we have and wait for any changes we are already not aware of.
I don't think it's his lack of replies that bothers us here... At least for myself, its his domain name not going to the site we want :} . I was truely elated when I saw his new version up one day (away from my home PC). I think "Cool! A new version with a separate folder for dotnet2. I'll grab that a little later when I'm home.", only to become frustrated by his site not resolving to any IP address.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what xpcreate.com used to resolve to? If so, has anyone tried that IP address?

Also Shindo_Hikaru, thank you for posting a 2006 copy of his "current hotfix" list. I only could get Google's stuff , which had some semi-current and some old. And the Internet archive was quite old too.

Edited by JoeMSFN

@All,

For all of you who have the new version, I have question. I have several updates that will not be slipstreamed and I have them installed via runonceex.cmd. This works fine. I only have 2 updates that I cannot integrate. I will post the names later on.

I believe the 2 mediaplayer updates can be slipstreamed with XPCREATE following one of the posts in this thread with the batch file in SVC-CMD. I tried to integrate both dotnet 1.1 and dotnet 2.0 but after adding dotnetfx.exe version 2.0 the dotnet 1.1 version appears on the Windows Update site.

It seems that XPCreate handles the files correctly because I see the newly created installers but something is happening to appear on the Windows Update site again.

If someone has a workaround or solution please share it with this community. Perhaps it is not possible to get no updates when visiting the Windows Update site but then we want as little as possible.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

:thumbup

Hi Ironside,

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I think I know what I am doing. I added the files to the directories:

E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DN1\dotnetfx.exe

E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DN2\dotnetfx.exe

E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DNU\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

E:\UAXPSP2\SVC-DNU\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe

and yes they are the right ones. After compiling and installing, the .NET Framework 1.1 shows up on the Windows Update site. The other one that shows up is the Windows Genuine Advantage Notifivation KB905474 so I think I have everything in place.

the solution with the xpsetup.cmd file for the 2 mediaplayer updates works. I have them in HF1 and they do not show up on the windows update site.

Maybe if GM reads this, he can provide some information on what is happening. I will upload the logfiles if necessary.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

:)

Edited by Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter do you encounter any error message when u open windows media player since u mention that the manage to integrate the 2 mediaplayer updates and those updates does not show up on the windows update site.

Edited by Mann

Hi Mann,

I have not tried this because I am still having problems integrating all the updates and stuff. I started from scratch and now the .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 are installed correctly. It seems that KB905474 is still showing up on the Windows Update. I will try the Mediaplayer as soon as I am at my Home Computer.

Will post results later this evening.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

:hello: