How to burn a bootable DVD for Vista 5384?

edson203

• 2 weeks later...

You can make boot discs by creating an iso file and burning it as a bootable disk. Do a search on google or what have you on this process. ISO burner apps (freebies) usually have a size limit but I found an app called microburner that allows you to burn bootable disc without restrictions. Of course you have to create the ISO first, used magicISO for that.

Edited by MrGuy

try CDIMAGE.EXE to create ISO Image of Vista

using -u -u1 -u2 option to build UDF File System

remember Boot Image U can extract using ISO Buster

provide boot image using -bX:\Boot.img

Here X is location of Boot Image

Ramesh Kumar PiLani INDIA

use OSCDimg, you can find it in a number of support packs for Ms you can probably just google it and find it also, off of your original DVD there is a file etfsboot.com, use this in conjuction with oscdimg to rebuild the DVD

c:\oscdimg -n -m -b<path>\etfsboot.com <sourceFolder> <locationofISO>

works everytime

• 2 weeks later...

I use PowerISO 3.2 full. NO RESTICTIONS. Its my one stop shop when it comes to image files. Adds files as such, and adds a boot.img for burning boot CD/DVD's. I can send you a working full version if you need it.

let me know.

You can also download this program called WinISO that allows you to add files in an ISO image file as well.

the winload error can happen when the burn did not happen correctly or something in the Windows PE changed, did you modifiy the boot.wim? also reburn the disk, at the slowest speed your burner has, if possible try another burner also