Vista Installation ISSUE

realgujju

Hi,

I am experiencing VISTA installation problem. I am installating Vista 5384 32bit version downloaded from Microsoft website with legal key but no further screen after product key screen.

It just do nothing after entering key. I could still mouse & keyboard active but nothing happens.

System configuration :

1.8 GHz

512 RAM

40 GB IDE HDD

64mb VGA

AC 97 sound card

Dlink Ethernet

---

any help will be appreciated.

HI!

Try to boot from dvd,it maybe work.

so i install that version on my system with these:

1.7 celeron

512 ram

vga onboard 32mb share memory

80+ h.d.d

i think your 40 gb hard is very sloww and you must be patient

in my case it had above 1 hour!

It takes a freakin LOOOOOOONNNNGGG time and really seems like it is doing nothing some times and my system is a LOT better than yours..........

He's right I would keep XP on your computer it's just good enough for vista

hi there

i am also having problems, put it on dvd like told but when i put dvd in drive it comes up asking which program to open with so does anyone have a free .iso program for extracting etc.

also am i better off getting 32 or 64bit vista

is it any good? worth installing?

hi there

i am also having problems, put it on dvd like told but when i put dvd in drive it comes up asking which program to open with so does anyone have a free .iso program for extracting etc.

also am i better off getting 32 or 64bit vista

First, it sounds like you just burned the .iso image onto a DVD (when you look at the contents of the DVD it shows the .iso file). If that is the case, then you burned it incorrectly. To burn an .iso image you need to make use of software, as Windows XP does not natively burn images.

I am not sure what software you might have but many DVD burners come with Nero.

In Nero 6, choose "Recorder" >> Burn Image >> and find the .iso file and burn that.

If you do not have any software a quick Google search will help you.

One that looks promising to use is http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm - Please note that I have never used this, but it looks simple to use.

As for 32 bit vs 64 bit, do you have a 64 bit processor (Athlon 64, Pentium D). If you do not, then you cannot install the 64 bit version. If you do then that is your choice. It is hard to find 64 bit drivers for many items. I attempted to use Windows XP x64, but it was near impossible to find drivers for my printers, and a few other things. I have yet to try Vista 64 bit.

Yes very much so but you need the PC to run it. Things are like in hyper speed and looks are cool and very different. Even my on board Vid makes things look really good but that could be cause I have 1GB ram Dual channel on a Athalon 3700+

Took me right at 1 hour 15 minutes to install but that was to second partition so can dual boot with XP and no Unattended stuff, time will change those things though.