Looking for a motherboard

Nerwin

Hey guys, Need your help to find me a nice motherboard.

What I Need:

3 PCI or more

PCIE 16x for Video Card

2 or more SATA ports

Needs to support:

LGA755 Intel P4 3.2Ghz 800fsb (HT)

-AND-

LGA775 Intel PD (Dual Core) 3.4ghz 800 - 1066MHZ fsb

Also needs to support:

Dual Channel 2048MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory

Try to keep the motherboard under $300

Try to find one at Tiger.com or Newegg.com

Thank for your Help!

Edited by computerMan

ASUS ASUS ASUS.

Key things to look for when building an Intel CPU system - Intel northbridge and Intel Southbridge - forget about nVidia and VIA.

Here's a really good choice for you, although the price might be a bit high - P5WD2-E Premium.

Also - you gotta be more specific with the specs than what you gave. The video card is probably PCI-E x16 (not just PCIE), and the CPU is probably socket LGA775, which makes a BIG difference.

As for RAM, you're probably not going to find a motherboard with DDR and DDR2 support. If you did, I wouldn't recommend getting it. You'll only be able to use one or the other, so you might as well get with the times and go DDR2. :)

i agree with zxian, asus. but how much do u want to pay for one? most of newegg's seem to be out.

but i would also like to suggest AM2 :)

some are overclocking 1000mhz on air and its pretty cheap

ASUS ASUS ASUS.

Key things to look for when building an Intel CPU system - Intel northbridge and Intel Southbridge - forget about nVidia and VIA.

Here's a really good choice for you, although the price might be a bit high - P5WD2-E Premium.

Also - you gotta be more specific with the specs than what you gave. The video card is probably PCI-E x16 (not just PCIE), and the CPU is probably socket LGA775, which makes a BIG difference.

As for RAM, you're probably not going to find a motherboard with DDR and DDR2 support. If you did, I wouldn't recommend getting it. You'll only be able to use one or the other, so you might as well get with the times and go DDR2. :)

Thanks Zxain you found it, I found it before could not find it again but you did, so thanks.

I'm going to go with that MOBO.

EDIT: Ripken, I'm going with this motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131589

And i dont care about the money as long i have a good MOBO.

I hope by the time i buy it they will have it IN STOCK.

I think this is the sameone: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

Tiger has it instock so i might have to order it through tiger.

Edited by computerMan

well i will be buying a dual core one but not enough money yet, i'm just going to use my P4 for now, then switch to dual core.

Make sure you wait until after July 23rd when AMD will be drastically reducing the price of their processors by upto 60%.

Now is just not the time to be building a presler-based system, with solid AM2 offerings from AMD and Intel's conroe around the corner you should be patient.

(even if you chose to stick with presler you should be patient, conroe will cause a drop in the prices of presler chips)

Go with ither Abit or Asus because they seem to use good capacitors on there boards more often. Capacitors made by; Rubycon, Sanyo, Nichicons, etc are what you want to see on the board and psu.

Any board, reguardless of options, brandname, or price will serve you about 2 years before those cheap caps start to leak or dry out. This is what takes most psu's out as well.