Install Problem with Net Framework v2 and Language Pack

zartrix

No, it just means the script fails to merge the two programs together properly. Try MC2 (v060616b) but DON'T merge the installers. What happens if you install DNF11.EXE and DNF20.EXE by hand? Does it work like that?

No, it just means the script fails to merge the two programs together properly. Try MC2 (v060616b) but DON'T merge the installers. What happens if you install DNF11.EXE and DNF20.EXE by hand? Does it work like that?

OK... i will try to manually execute the two files (no merged)... but give me an hour bacause i need to reintall XP and test manually DNF11 and DNF20... then test with HFSLIP... and then re-post...

Thanks...

zartrix

If that fails, the best option you got is this:

DNF11.EXE (from MC2)

DNF20a.EXE (Aserone's silent .NET 2.0 installer)

DNF20b.EXE (your silent .NET 2.0 language pack installer)

If this doesn't work, I don't know what your problem is. MC2 *attempts* to do what the Aserone installer does, with the only difference that the Aserone installer relies on REG.EXE while the file made with MC2 accesses the registry through a normal INF file.

Edited by Tomcat76

If that fails, the best option you got is this:

DNF11.EXE (from MC2)

DNF20a.EXE (Aserone's silent .NET 2.0 installer)

DNF20b.EXE (your silent .NET 2.0 language pack installer)

If this doesn't work, I don't know what your problem is. MC2 *attempts* to do what the Aserone installer does, with the only difference that the Aserone installer relies on REG.EXE while the file made with MC2 accesses the registry through a normal INF file.

The creation of the DNF20.exe fails. MC2 is not creating anything for the .NET 2.0. In the "Out" folder i only have the DN11F.EXE file. Maybe the dotnet2.exe file is corrupted... i will download again...

Where i can find Aserone´s Silent .NET 2.0 Installer???

Thanks.

You can find it here. Take the first download (00dNET20.exe).

This file is probably not compatible with MC2 so don't try it instead of the RVM dotnet2.exe. Use it directly in HFSVCPACK as noted in my post above.

Tomcat!!! THANKSS!!! I almost there!!!!

I download Aserone´s .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 installers... they works fine in HFSVCPACK folder!!

I also copy my two silent installers for the Language Packs in HFSVCPACK:

1LanPack.exe (my silent Installer for .NET 1.1 Language Pack).

2LanPack.exe (my silent Installer for .NET 2.0 Language Pack).

The Language Pack for .NET 1.1 Works FINE!!!

The Language Pack for .NET 2.0 Not install at all... so i will try to install manually and if is not working i will rebuild it.

Thanks for now... for all your help!!!

Very Thanks!

zartrix.

Tomcat:

I think that the problem for installing the Language Pack for .NET 2.0 is that i need to edit the HFSLIP.CMD file in the SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK folder. (Super-Magician told me in a previous post about this).

But if i not read bad... the cmd execute all the .exe updates... including the 6LanPack.exe file.

In wich part i need to make the modification?? Can you explain me?

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\CMDOW.EXE cmdow @ /HID
Title HFSLIP
FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\I386\SVCPACK SET HFSLIP=%%i:\I386
msiexec /i %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\UPHCLEAN.MSI /qn /norestart
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR /B %SYSTEMROOT%\*.TMP') DO (
ATTRIB -R %SYSTEMROOT%\%%I
DEL /F /Q %SYSTEMROOT%\%%I
)
%SYSTEMROOT%\REGEDIT.EXE /S %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\kb873374.reg
%SYSTEMROOT%\REGEDIT.EXE /S %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\tweaks.reg
SET PREP=%~dp0
CD /D %HFSLIP%
EXIT

Thanks in advance.

That was when HFSLIP supported dotnet2.exe in the HF folder. It would be installed from HFSLIP.CMD then. But it's no longer supported so the lines you are looking for are no longer in HFSLIP.CMD.

Any executable you put in HFSVCPACK ends up referenced from in SVCPACK.INF.

FYI... I updated MC2 once again. I fixed the problem with merging .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, and I use only one extra file now instead of two.

That was when HFSLIP supported dotnet2.exe in the HF folder. It would be installed from HFSLIP.CMD then. But it's no longer supported so the lines you are looking for are no longer in HFSLIP.CMD.

Any executable you put in HFSVCPACK ends up referenced from in SVCPACK.INF.

And now???

How can i install the Language Pack for .NET 2.0???

I maid a silent installer for LangPack.exe (that works fine if i run manually) and copy to the HFSVCPACK folder. But is not integrated or installed with HFSLIP.

How can i do to Run that Silent Installer??

i can´t believe that i´m the only person that use´s HFSLIP and had troubles with the Language Pack!

anyone? nobody installs .NET 2.0 in others languages? Any german guy with the same problem?

zartrix.

Sorry Tomcat... i read again your post and now i See the reference to your script updated... i will try that again.

Thanks.

Edited by zartrix

If your silent installer is present in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK and if it is referenced from SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.INF, then the problem doesn't lie with HFSLIP. HFSLIP only does a copy & paste... ie, it assumes that people include silent installers that work at T-13. No special treatment is given to them.

It is possible, though, that the .NET 2.0 language pack suffers from the same unattended installation problem (at T-13) as .NET 2.0 itself. In that case, the MC2 script is the only way right now to make it work for you. I'm doing my best here...

If your silent installer is present in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK and if it is referenced from SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.INF, then the problem doesn't lie with HFSLIP. HFSLIP only does a copy & paste... ie, it assumes that people include silent installers that work at T-13. No special treatment is given to them.

It is possible, though, that the .NET 2.0 language pack suffers from the same unattended installation problem (at T-13) as .NET 2.0 itself. In that case, the MC2 script is the only way right now to make it work for you. I'm doing my best here...

Hi tomcat! Me again... yes i know... i´m a pain in the a** with my problem!! :(

My previous test: I only have the Language Pack for .NET 2.0 Missing. Now my last test:

For some reason... i have problems with your script ( the output works fine and i get no errors but is not working) Perhaps i don´t copy the rights files to the MC folder.

The files that i have in the MC folder are:

dotnet11sp1.exe <--- RyanMV Silent Installer for .NET 1.1

dotnet2.exe <--- RyanMV Silent Installer for .NET 2.0

langpack.exe <--- Original Microsoft Language Pack for .NET 1.1

langpack2.exe <--- Original Microsoft Language Pack for .NET 2.0

My question is if i need to copy:

the silent installers of ryan?

Or i need to copy the originals updates for .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0?

Or if need to copy my silent installers for the language pack and not the originals windowsupdate files?.<-- (Edited: Already try to ran MC with my silent installers of the language packs and is not working at all. Same problem: .NET 2.0 and Language Pack for 1.1 are missing)

Or i need to copy the Aserones installers???

Because in my new installation test i have Langpack for .NET 1.1 and Microsoft Framework .NET 2.0 ready for download and install in windowsupdate. RESULT: Only .NET 1.1 have installed ok.

I am tired of installing Windows XP... i installed 12 times in the past 2 or 3 days. But well... i love HSFLIP and i want it running fine!! :)

You said that maybe the Language Pack for .NET 2.0 suffers from the same unattended installation problem (at T-13) as .NET 2.0 itself. How can i make a silent installer like Aserone´s did that works with my Language Pack?? Any idea?

Thanks in advance! Thanks a lot for your help man! Realy.

Edited by zartrix

I need to set a few things straight...

1) Don't use Aserone's installers with MC2. MC2 only handles the original files from Microsoft and the silent installers from RyanVM.

2) The problem you're having with the .NET 2.0 language pack is not a problem with HFSLIP. The purpose of the HFSVCPACK folder is to have the executables in it installed from SVCPACK.INF, which is done at T-13 during Windows installation. The language file is present in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK, and SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.INF contains the line to install the language pack. This is all HFSLIP does and this is all that needs to be done. If your language pack still fails to install, it's a problem with the installer itself. So understand that the help I'm giving is beyond my "HFSLIP duties".

I still need to actually test the output files from MC2 during a Windows installation. It's possible I'm doing something wrong but I've no idea what it is just by dissecting the output files. Everything *looks* fine. At this moment, I don't have the time to test this. A new version of HFSLIP needs to be released ASAP because the current final doesn't support all of the current hotfixes and that has priority.

Tomcat:

Yes... i´m understand. But i need to tell you that MC is not working to output the .NET 2.0. I try not to merge the files, and i only have an output for DNF11.exe. So.. i think that your script has an error.

I tried using all the originals file from microsoft, using the RyanMV silent installers, and using my silents installer. In the three tests i heve no output file for .NET 2.0. So the error maybe in there.

Thanks for all your helps! I continue with the testing an if I resolve the issue i will post the correct way to do the integration.

zartrix