Install Problem with Net Framework v2 and Language Pack

zartrix

Hi People!

I am working with Windows XP + SP2 (Spanish Version) Unattended CD using HFSLIP.

I make a silent installer with the file dotnetfx.exe called 5DotNet.exe. The same i do with the LangPack.exe file. I make a silent installer that works and i called 6LanPack.exe.

When i Install the Windows XP + SP2 and manually try to run the silent installer, they works fine and install the .Net Framework 2.0 and Language Pack very well. The integration of the silent installer with HFSLIP is not working at all with this two silent installers.

The problem that i have is that the silent installers doesn´t work when i try to integrate in HFSLIP (Version HFSLIP_60614b.CMD). I Put the 2 files (5Dotnet.exe and 6LangPack.exe in HFSVCPACK folder.

Where is my mistake??? :}

I read all the post in the forum but all works with the RYANVM or ASERONE installer or add-ons that have English version of .NET. I need it in spanish. Someone can help me to do a silent installer or a cab file thats works with this two installers????

Thanks in advance. And sorry for my English.

zartrix

Edited by zartrix

Since this is .NET 2.0, you need a special registry hack in order to install it via SVCPACK at T-13. I am sure you encountered information about this at some point during your search.

Aaron Stebner's WebLog

If you would like HFSLIP to automatically produce the needed INF file and command-line entries, rename your silent switchless installer (5Dotnet.exe) to dotnet2.exe (note: it must be named this in order to work) and move it to HF.

Otherwise, you can either use the following (place the two files in HFSVCPACK) or create your own.

5Dotnet.cmd

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\I386\SVCPACK SET HFSLIP=%%i:\I386
%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\rundll32.exe %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\DOTNET2.INF,DOTNETPRE
START/WAIT %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\5Dotnet.exe
%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\rundll32.exe %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\DOTNET2.INF,DOTNETPOST

5Dotnet.inf

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
[DOTNETPRE]
DelReg=DelRegDN
AddReg=AddRegDN
[DOTNETPOST]
AddReg=AddRegDNPost
[DelRegDN]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW"
[AddRegDN]
HKLM,"SYSTEM\Setup","SystemSetupInProgress",0x10001,0
[AddRegDNPost]
HKLM,"SYSTEM\Setup","SystemSetupInProgress",0x10001,1

Since this is .NET 2.0, you need a special registry hack in order to install it via SVCPACK at T-13.

If you would like HFSLIP to automatically produce the needed INF file and command-line entries, rename your silent switchless installer (5Dotnet.exe) to dotnet2.exe (note: it must be named this in order to work) and move it to HF.

I will try to do that.

Thanks a lot for the quickly answer!!

zartrix

That'll probably do the trick for the .NET 2.0 installer but not the langpack because Windows will install the langpack first.

I suggest you put your .NET 2.0 installer in the HF folder (name it dotnet2.exe). Exclude LangPack.exe for now.

Run HFSLIP.

When done, edit HFSLIP.CMD by adding the following line:

START/WAIT %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\LangPack.exe

This should be entered right below START/WAIT %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\DOTNET2.EXE.

I rename the File to dotnet2.exe and the install works fine. :thumbup

The LangPack is missing but i will do the edit of HSFLIP.CMD and put the Langpack.exe in the directory like yo tell me.

The second question is for the installation of .NET 1.1, the langpack and the updates for .NET 1.1. After i integrate the .NET 2.0 in windowsupdate.microsoft.com i have to download the 1.1 Net Framwork and then the Language Pack, and then the updates. :}

Before i integrate the .NET 2.0 all the silent installers of .net 1.1 works fine. The name of the silent installers that i create are:

2NDP1.EXE

3NDP1-2.EXE

4LanPack.exe

A time ago when i try to integrate the .NET 1.1 i failed to do that... so i create the silent installers and all works fine. The newest version of HFSLIP integrate the .NET 1.1 in the right way?

I read that the 2.0 has compatibility with .NET 1.1 but a few applications doesn´t work and in windowsupdate i saw the .NET 1.1 for download again. Microsoft error or i need the two versions?

How can i integrate the .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 in my Unattended Windows XP + SP2 + Updates CD??

I already install the .NET 2.0 but now appears the 1.1 like is not installed any more.

Thanks again in advance!

zartrix

Sorry. Yes... LangPack.exe should be placed in the SVCPACK folder after running HFSLIP.

For .NET 1.1, I suggest you use my MultiCompiler script. It can make an all-inclusive .NET 1.1 installer. You got two options:

1) MS .NET 1.1 + MS SP1 + KB886903 + langpack.exe

2) RVM's .NET 1.1 + langpack.exe

Please follow the instructions closely.

The resulting file should be placed in HFSVCPACK before HFSLIP is run.

Edited by Tomcat76

Super-Magician: I integrate the dotnefx.exe, SP1, KB886903 and the langpack.exe for .NET 1.1 (I put the original updates files in the HF folder but no the silent installers) but if the .NET 2.0 silent installer is placed in HF folder, then HFSLIP seems to integrate only the .NET 2.0 and not the 1.1. The same problem that i Have earlier. When i Put the silent installer for all the 1.1 updates in HFSVCPACK folder the CD works fine without .NET 2.0. The problem is when i try to integrate the .NET 2.0 with my XP CD.

Tomcat: I try to use your Script but when i try to run DNF11.exe (the output file) i get an error (7zip the file is missing). I not use the silent installer with your script, i use the original microsoft files like the help says.

But i have all the .NET 1.1 + SP1 + KB886903 + LangPack.exe in silent installers created by me. And all works fine if i put them in the HFSVCPACK. The problem only appears when i try to integrate the .NET 2.0.

Maybe there are a problem when you try to integrate the 1.1 and the 2.0 using HFSLIP.

Somebody can help me? any ideas? I´m using the HFSLIP_60614b.CMD test release.

Thanks.

zartrix.

You do have 7za.exe and StartX.exe in the MultiCompiler working folder, right?

Anyway, it's not so important. I was just trying to make it easier for you (one file for .NET 1.1 in HFSVCPACK).

Just for clarification... If you keep using your own files:

- your .NET 1.1 files should be in HFSVCPACK

- the RVM .NET 2.0 installer should be in HF

Edited by Tomcat76

hi zartrix ... you may use this addon instead that contains both 1.1 & 2 dotnetfx --- http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2270

remember, you have to create manually the folder HFAAO alongside the other folders ...

it integrates fine for me ...

main thing is you have to use silent installers for dotnet to work flawlessly :)

you may check these links too:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=68924

http://www.vorck.com/hfslip.html

but follow Tomcat's instructions 1st ... ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh: But i am working with Windows XP Professional in SPANISH... the add-on from ryanvm works with the spanish version of XP??? All the updates for Spanish versions all not the same that in english language. For what reason i need a folder called HFAAO??? I don´t understand very well.

Tomcat: Yes... i download the complete Script with all the utilities and files... when the scripts are working seems all ok. Decompress all the .NET 1.1 + SP1 + KB... and all works fine. The output file is called DNF11.exe and the size is 12 MB. The script works with any languages???

Thanks in advance

zartrix.

gee ... i forgot you are working on a Spanish ver ...

totally my bad ...

i suggest not to tinker yet with the HFAAO extra feature of HFSLIP ...

if you want to learn more about it though, feel free to check on the links i posted above

but since you are trying it out anyway ... you might want to see if it works for your Spanish ver OS ...

i may be wrong but i suppose it shouldn't matter ... ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

The script works with any languages???
It is supposed to be. I haven't actually tried all languages but English, Dutch & French work fine.

Do you have .NET 1.1 installed on the system you're running MultiCompiler from? Are you logged on to an account with admin rights?

Do you have .NET 1.1 installed on the system you're running MultiCompiler from? Are you logged on to an account with admin rights?

Yes i have .NET 1.1 installed and the i Logon as Administrator in my machine.

But the problem is not the .NET silent installer that i have created, the problem is that when i install .NET 2.0 i lost .NET 1.1 in my machine and windowsupdate.microsoft.com try to download and install again the .NET 1.1 and the SP1, and the KB and the LangPack.