Windows Server 2003 and 3D gaming!

phaTrx7

Dunno why most of you download'd WS2003 .. doubt it was because you need'd a server OS .. probably the same reason I did, it was a free 6 month trial and you were curious of how the OS look'd and operated.

I mainly build my systems for 3D Gaming .. and like to try out new OS's to see how they hold up for 3D gaming...

I tweak'd WS2003 for over 2 hours til I finally got it how I want'd it (basically a workstation now). When properly convert'd over to a WorkStation OS it surprisingly plays 3D games very fast and smooth! Only hangup I have with it is support for optical mice that require there own software to take advantage of extra buttons and features .. WS2003 currently is compatible with the drivers/software. Atleast not with MS IntelliMice .. dunno bout other brands like Logitech.

i followed the guide but i cant get opengl working?

ive got a pci tnt2, installed directX9.0b an dlatest nvidia drivers, but it doesnt work!

half-life BSoDs when i start a game in openGL mode... D3D wors tho, but its sloow

Hey remember this is not a final version and also, with all the tweaking done to turn it into a workstation-like OS, it's still a server operating system, and i would not use it to run or test 3D games. Drivers can also interfere with this, as they are not *specifically* designed for this system.

Hey remember this is not a final version and also, with all the tweaking done to turn it into a workstation-like OS, it's still a server operating system, and i would not use it to run or test 3D games. Drivers can also interfere with this, as they are not *specifically* designed for this system.

Window Server 2003 went final back in late March. :)

How much do you truly think they changed in this *Server* OS? It ran all my games fine, and I got the same speeds as I do in Win2K.. just because its intended to be a server OS doesn't mean it can't be a good workstation, it just simply runs servers better than any previous OS :/