Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
phaTrx7

Windows Server 2003 and 3D gaming!

Dunno why most of you download'd WS2003 .. doubt it was because you need'd a server OS .. probably the same reason I did, it was a free 6 month trial and you were curious of how the OS look'd and operated.

I mainly build my systems for 3D Gaming .. and like to try out new OS's to see how they hold up for 3D gaming...

I tweak'd WS2003 for over 2 hours til I finally got it how I want'd it (basically a workstation now). When properly convert'd over to a WorkStation OS it surprisingly plays 3D games very fast and smooth! Only hangup I have with it is support for optical mice that require there own software to take advantage of extra buttons and features .. WS2003 currently is compatible with the drivers/software. Atleast not with MS IntelliMice .. dunno bout other brands like Logitech.

i followed the guide but i cant get opengl working?

ive got a pci tnt2, installed directX9.0b an dlatest nvidia drivers, but it doesnt work!

half-life BSoDs when i start a game in openGL mode... D3D wors tho, but its sloow

Hey remember this is not a final version and also, with all the tweaking done to turn it into a workstation-like OS, it's still a server operating system, and i would not use it to run or test 3D games. Drivers can also interfere with this, as they are not *specifically* designed for this system.

Hey remember this is not a final version and also, with all the tweaking done to turn it into a workstation-like OS, it's still a server operating system, and i would not use it to run or test 3D games. Drivers can also interfere with this, as they are not *specifically* designed for this system.

Window Server 2003 went final back in late March. :)

How much do you truly think they changed in this *Server* OS? It ran all my games fine, and I got the same speeds as I do in Win2K.. just because its intended to be a server OS doesn't mean it can't be a good workstation, it just simply runs servers better than any previous OS :/