Promise Ultra133 TX2 IDE Controller

You could just extact the WinXP folder from it and have it installed like any other device. The .inf file is in there. Unless there are files you need for setup on the drives attatched to the controller, you shouldn't need it during Windows setup.

You could just extact the WinXP folder from it and have it installed like any other device.  The .inf file is in there.  Unless there are files you need for setup on the drives attatched to the controller, you shouldn't need it during Windows setup.

No, that won't work...

To install these drivers you could use 2 different way :

1st method)

a) Create a folder $OEM$/Textmode

:) Copy "TXTSETUP.OEM" + the files from "WinXP" folder of your driver ( "ultra.sys", "ultra.inf", "ultra.cat" ) in $OEM$\Textmode

:rolleyes: modify the "winnt.fis" and add the appropriate "[MassStorageDrivers]" and "[OEMBootFiles]" sections

(All the info needed for that are in the TXTSETUP.OEM file from your driver ).

----

2nd method)

a) Simply copy your driver files (the one from the "WinXP" folder of your driver ) in $OEM$\$1\Drivers\ULTRATX2, and add "$OEM$\$1\Drivers\ULTRATX2" to your winNT .sif (exactly like an other driver ).

:D modify "/I386/txtsetup.SIF" & copy your "ultra.sys" file in /I386/.

For some person, 1st method doesn't works... (I had to use the second one ).

I gave a more complete explaination of those 2 methods in this previous post (read my first AND my second message ): http://www.MSFN.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=70&t=7454

bye