How do you Keep your Unattended CD up-to-date?

kinda stupid question, but everytime i make a new CD i have to download updated files these include:

AutoPatcher Full (and sometimes an update for the current month)

Avast Antivirus

CCleaner (slim no toolbar and english only)

Firefox

Thunderbird

this is a pretty small assortment compared to most members here, and was just wondering how you guys download and update all your programs.

Once in a while (2 months or so) download the installers from their official sites, put them in uACD\InstallApps folder (in some cases rename ApplicationSetup1.2.4.5.exe to application.exe).

I have a uACD folder on my 2nd partition together with documents etc. It's always there...

can't be easier. it's also the reason why I don't like to use .cab integratable versions of common programs some people offer.. then you depend on their interest of updating the cab. doesn't have benefits for me.

Edited by ZileXa

yea, sometimes i just say forget updating and just rely on the program updating itself.

I was thinkin about making a list of all the direct download links to the software i use then use "wget -i" to download all the links in the file. (which i do for my bartpe cd)

but started running into downloads that had the version number in the URL or in the filename.. or php scripts that redirected all over the place and said screw it. lol.

I use XPlode to run a custom xml, this checks for a dvd in the drive, exports some program settings, syncs folders, downloads the latest programs etc, creates an Integrator.ini and integrates the driver packs the list goes on.

Took a while to get it right but run the program then walk away, come back to a fresh DVD.

For FF and TB I normally wait until I am notified of updates, then edit the config.ini to run silent and rar up. I use this line for avast

<execute display='avast! Antivirus Pro' desc='Gets Latest avast! Professional Edition Setup' configs='Backup + Create'> 
<program>#XPLODE#\wget.exe</program>
<arguments>-a "#XPLODE#\wget.log" -nv -N http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupengpro.exe -P "#APP#\avast"</arguments>
<hide>true</hide>
</execute>