Windows for Workgroups 3.11

os2fan2

I suppose it's a long way from the way we used to do it, back in the days of Windows 3.x, but i have been working on a documentation for the Windows 3.xx slipstream / add stuff etc.

It's DOS 6.3 + Windows for Wallies 3.11, but it's a lot easier (and documented to boot), to configure these for install:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Boot_Land/index.php?showtopic=79

Loads of stuff that no-one has ever discussed much here.

I salute those who have taken to do things like HFSLIP, USP5, etc. It's a long way from your father's windoze.

Wendy

It's a long way from your father's windoze.

Wendy

If you mean windows 3.11 is my father's windows, you would be wrong. heh. He started with win98. I on the other hand :blink: ....... can anyone say Windows286?????

"your father's" is a term for "last generation". Yes, win286 was around, but mainly used as a runtime. You can set win311 up as a runtime library. It is said that this is what it was written for: running sol.exe!

:)

offtopic i know but it has to do with old OS's

i recently "rediscovered" a game i LOVED, sierra bought the rights to Lode Runner in 1995 or something, i forget. anyway, it's available as a free download now! the only catch... you have to run win 95 or 98 to get it to work.

well, i dug up my old copy of win95c, but it kept giving errors in VMWare, so i tried an old 98lite'd version of windows 98. it worked in VMWare. now that i know that, i am going to take an old pc, a pentium ii, and install win98 and run this lovely game. trust me, it's worth it, the graphics were awesome! as a side not of interest, i ran procexp from sysinternals. total commit was, iirc, 18megs or so. pretty nice.

fdv, who can't wait to play his fave game again...

and speaking of that, i recently compiled a ver of mame to run a few oldies like qix and robotron on a pentium one 200mhz... better than sending it to the dump!