wireless?

tdunks

Ok i have a D-Link DWL-G510 wireless card. It installs the drivers because they are included in windows vista. It shows the card and says it is working but it will not show my newtowrk!! even if i type the iunfo in myself it will not connect. Does anyone know how to fix this?

ALSO i have an AMD 3000+ processor with 1gb ram and it is very slow. does anyone know a fix to this?

what settings do you have on your wireless network? i have found some wirelss settings to cause the network not be seen by vista, turn off any security that you may have on and test it again to see ifyou can get it find the network at all, then turn on the security bit by bit to see what breaks it,

wireless, on my laptop a mini pci card was not working also.

then i updated vista, and did get my drivers. After that i have to choose i it was private or internet.

have you tried, to give a ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew

gr.

albert

Ok i have a D-Link DWL-G510 wireless card. It installs the drivers because they are included in windows vista. It shows the card and says it is working but it will not show my newtowrk!! even if i type the iunfo in myself it will not connect. Does anyone know how to fix this?

ALSO i have an AMD 3000+ processor with 1gb ram and it is very slow. does anyone know a fix to this?

My D-link picked up a IP address from the router as soon as Vista installed. I did turn off all the warnings.

It would appear that the more mature and robust WAPs out there seem to fare better than the cheap, off-the-shelf versions. Here's my reasoning:

As a soldier, I travel a lot. Recently I took leave from the Middle East and flew back to Germany from Kuwait. In my billetts in the Middle East I have a standard Linksys 802.11B/G I bought for 60 bucks a few months ago. At my house in Germany I have a Netgear 802.11B/G, also a few months old. I was unable to communicate with either the Linksys or the Netgear (same issues as everyone else, no DHCP, connectivity cuts out, connects and then immediately disconnects, garbled SSID, SSID not showing up at all, etc), but I was able to connect and surf, quite flawlessly I might add, at Kuwait Int'l Airport and the Frankfurt airport, as well as in Garmish at the ski resort my wife and I stayed at. I'm pretty sure industrial-grade wireless solutions were used in all three of these locations. My synopsis is that wireless support for Vista has been tested using, as I already stated, more mature and robust solutions like Cisco and Juniper. I can hardly point the finger at my card in my laptop, as it is an Intel 2200BG, one of the most common and stable cards on the market. Thoughts?

Edited by maxamoto

Well i too also couldn't get wireless working, in vista 32 and 64bit, and then my dad told me of a solution he managed to find from google!

anyways

at a dos prompt type this

'bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON'

that disables it requring signed drivers, now these drivers i have were signed as far as i knew, they install fine, and nothing pops up about driving signing, however they didn't work, it installed fine but wouldn't detect my router.

after that you will have to restart, then install your wirless adapater, check to see if you can connect, if not (which is what happened with me) simply uninstall the device using device manager, then click scan for new hardware devices, it should then find the device, install the driver itself, and then work.

I don't think i've missed anything out, but i was going mad as i couldn't get it working, but now it works fine, and i have to say it made me really like vista :D

after that you can turn on the command you disabled by typing 'bcdedit /set nointegritychecks OFF' at the command prompt, and the wireless card should still work

hope it helps someone!

Okay, I have found a solution that works for me in that case and also for my Soundmax audio driver that vista loads.

My card was a Dlink with the antheroes chipset. I went to the manufacturer and got the latest XP driver.

I tried the install both ways and it works.

1. Right click on setup file and properties. set compatability mode as XPSP2 and save. Right click and run as administrator. Connected at 108..

2. Went and got the latest antheros driver. Extract it. Then under device manager do a driver update for the network adapter... Don't choose to auto scan. Choose to manually install, then select network adapter from the list, then browse to the folder where you have extracted the file and select it and or select the *.ini file. You may get prompts about not being verified but hit yes or ignore and you will be set.

Ahh, and oh yes, You may have to ulimately turn on G plus A on your wireless router or acces point for it to see it in some cases... But the above method for the drivers should work.

PS. I have found out that the naming convention of your wireless network connection matters. If you have an under_ score or dash, or too long of a name for you access point or router connection you will not be able to connect. I forgot to mention that I have tested and verified this fact. This may be also why you aren't able to connect or see your wireless connection.

Edited by alexdaley

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Many thanks for that worked a treat.. i only needed to install the drivers, not the utility program..

strange how i couldnt get windows to let me enter a wep key anywhere.. once that driver was on the option was highlighted..

Again many thanks.. been bugging me that has.. :thumbup:thumbup