A little Community experiment...

FthrJACK

Hi,

Im posting this here, rather than the games section, because it should get more attention here, and its not just about a game, but the MSFN community.

For those that dont know me, im Tris one of the 3 origional founders of MSFN. I dont run anything around here anymore but i still pop in now and again, mainly when im at work looking for something more interesting to do other than work!

I play a game called EVE Online, its an MMO game set in space with an enormous player driven environment, market, PVP, Trade, PVE, Missions, Manufacturing/industry, you name it theres heaps to do, ill leave the EVE site to explain all that. I run a corporation in EVE, its just over 3 Years old. We are pretty selective on who we recruit into our corp, and are a pretty tight nit community. But for a while now ive been thinking, and wondering why i never thought of this way before...

why not combine two things i think are awesome? (natch!) EVE and MSFN!

EVEs a game with a lot of Depth. Its not like WoW or something where you can learn all about it and reach max level in 2 weeks. infact EVE has no max level and no end to the game. I think the game would suit a lot of the members of MSFN because of their natural instinct for learning and exploring.

So heres the idea, im offering anyone who wants one a free 14 day trial acount for EVE online, see how many MSFNers we can get in game playing together in a corp, as well as posting here, sort of like a member meet up but without having to spend a dime or get jet lag! :)

I already made an MSFN chat room a while back, so people can talk, even if you already play EVE. Just join channel msfn.org in the game. So, if you want to try EVE for free for 14days, give me a PM with your email you want your trial acount sent to (no EVE dont keep or sell your email, so they wont mail you again) and ill send you an acount. You dont need a credit card to play, just download the Client and send me a PM and/or reply here on the forums.

:hello:

Edited by FthrJACK

Hi FthrJACK,

1) Thanks for helping found this place. :) Looking at how solid and informative msfn is, you can venture that a lot of other people are greatful also.

2) Looks like you have stumbled on one of the quirks of msfn. Two other attempts at similar types of real time communication have also not gone very far. Everyone seems to just wander back here. It may be a disappointment, but at the moment it appears to be the nature of the beast. It is really odd when you consider that a number of people here wouldn't mind actually meeting some of the other members face to face, even if it is only to say 'hello'. I'm on that list.

Thank you again,

DL