WinServer 2003 & Drivers

phaTrx7

Hey p33ps... g0tta question...

I download'd and install'd Win2003 .. convert'd it to a WorkStation and it runs perfectly. Very fast and stable OS for gaming if tweak'd just right!

Anyway .. I did run into one minor problem, actually more like just a annoyance. I can't seem to find any Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer drivers that will install on Server2003. I know why, cause a server OS really has no need for a 5 button optical mouse. But I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way I can install or of a older version of IntelliMouse drivers that might be able to install on Win2003?

I download'd the MS IntelliPoint 4.1 drivers ... ran the setup and was quickly prompt'd that my OS was not support'd. I then manually extract'd the drivers and tried to force Win2003 to install them with no success .. received .inf file errors and warning about the keyboard may not function if I install these drivers since the mouse/keyboard share a common file I would be replacing. After that I gave up on it and just dealt with having my Explorer function as a standard PS/2 mouse...

I really would like to find some type of work around for this tho. If anyone knows of something I can do or try ... lemme know please!

K .. thanks. I'm sure (or hope) someone will find or make one. I've tried modifying the drivers with no success so far.

What about other Mice that require there own drivers like the Logitech MX500/MX700 optical mouse? Anyone tried to see if there drivers work?

I ask because I currently have one MS IntelliMouse Explorer and a standard PS/2 Mouse on WinServer2003 .. but I plan on going out and buying another mouse today .. had my eyes on the MX500 from Logitech .. regaurdless of wether they work or not, I'm still more than likely g0nna get it .. just curious tho.

(PS. I know alotta p33ps ask, why the MX500 .. the MX700 is better .. I just don't like wireless mice .. had one wigg out on me in a Clan Match while playing Counter-Strike .. )