I'll pay white people to attend my church

XPerties

Bishop Fred Caldwell of the Greenwood Acres Full Gospel Baptist Church in Shreveport, Louisiana, has a pretty radical idea to diversify the largely black congregation of his church.

This month, Caldwell is going to pay white people to attend his sermons. It's five bucks for a Sunday service, 10 for a Thursday service. And the idea is already stirring up controversy.

CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien spoke with Bishop Caldwell from Shreveport on Friday morning. Joining him was one of the few white members of the church, Criss Williams.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/08/01/cnna.caldwell/

Aint this some crazy stuff?

That is some crazy stuff!

How will his congregation look when he can't pay anymore? The best way to get people into your church, I have found, is to go out and get their groceries for them when they can't afford it, visit them in the hospital, remember their birthdays, etc. People are drawn more to kindness than money.

Pays better than minimal wage? How long does services last? One or two hours maybe? So, give blood once or twice a week (How much do you get for that?), go to church twice a week ($15), and add it all up. What, $25-30 a week? Okay, do this for a year, will it buy me a new Vid Card or something :)

That is some crazy stuff!

How will his congregation look when he can't pay anymore?  The best way to get people into your church, I have found, is to go out and get their groceries for them when they can't afford it, visit them in the hospital, remember their birthdays, etc.  People are drawn more to kindness than money.

Well said and I absolutely agree!