Is this legal software?

alceryes

I don't trust any store that doesn't have a phone number/address listed. This site follows in that vein - no real contact information. Besides, Microsoft Does Not allow downloading of their products. In order to use their software, you're expected to have a legal licence and hard copy of media.

Intresting, they probly download torrents then resell the downloaded data.

i wonder how long before they get the sh~ sued out of 'em.

im reading over the faq... why does it seem that everyone trying to scam people (or whatever) are unable to speak correct english? lol

Edited by janus zeal

even if its legal, what most people miss is they only sell the software. so the sell you a download of MS Win XP Pro wih SP2 but no licence, so its really no use to anyone on this community, becaus ewe have information redily available to convert win xp pro cd's to win xp pro sp2. the same prodcut in the end if you dont have a licence key, but if you take the trouble to update a cd to be xp rpos + sp2 you will ensure you have a serial and will also add in software you want to install at T13 (even using bashrats driver packs to enhance the normal cd).

This site if its legal provides a repository for software, but mpst of it is usless without a cd key.

We offer the software for downloading only, it means that you do not receive a fancy package, a printed manual and license that actually aggregate the largest part of the retail price. In this situation we are restricted in selling the products for private purposes only! You will not be able to get a technical support and different rebates from the manufacturer.

So have your cake, but no chances of eating it :)

So the cd doesnt work at all??

I have to say, being Irish i sometimes enjoy the laws Ireland has. Firstly I can give information to an Irish company (even if its hosted in america, and has an address in Ireland) and they cannot pass on my information without first emailing me to request mypermission (not to say that information is not sold. but any information exchange without prior permission of the person whos information it is, is illegal and in direct conflict with rights of those living in ireland. NOt even the police have access toall my information, and if I walk into a police station I can request to view all information being held against me, as It is my information :))

Secondly, the web site says that the cd comes with an istallation key

This is a fully functional original Microsoft CD with installation key code and CD

I dont know about America, but in Ireland if it didnt come with a working key thats false advertising which also is a breech of the law. You cannot advertise someting and change your mind after, what you see is what you get (unless the advertised price is higher than the price when purchased. e.g. if a shelf says a packet of crisps is €0.10 and the checkout sayys €0.40 then you get it for €0.10 because its the advertised price, but idf he shelfsays €1.00 and the checkout says €0.40 then you get it for €0.40.

I hope it works out for you, but you always have to remeber a legal saying "Caveat Emptor - buyer beware. know what you are purchasing before parting with the money :)

I seriously doubt a site in Latvia would be legal. Simply do a whois and see. I mean every time I run into a site like this it is somewhere around or in Russia. Lets look and see where most of the big money pirating is done is in China and Russia.

Edited by PP the sailor

You would think that it probably is legal, as microsoft would have been pretty quick to shut down the site offering this. They probably have a special arrangement with microsoft or something...

i really doubt it! why would m$ lose 5 grand? and quoting PP the sailor, how would a company in Latvia accomplish that since major companies in the us can't afford that kind of rebates?

post-81039-1150011460_thumb.jpg

Yes the 8 CD set works just fine and does activate. It appears to me that it is some sort of misprint on the MS part of the CD jackets. The key is the yellow sticker common to retail software, yet it says something about illegal without a Volume license. (From what I understand Volume license software doesn't need to be activated, so there is a problem right there). It passes the genuine test. I wonder about acquiring extra CAL's though. I asked a MVP about CAL's and he gave me a ration of BS saying it was illegal and CC'd the email to piracy@microsoft.com and told me to talk to them.

How does one go about purchasing CAL's anyway for SBS2003???

aj

Edit... the part number on this is the volume licensing media kit.

Edited by aspenjim