SYSPREP:: BuildMassStorageSection=Yes:: CONS?

Chris242

Hello all :hello:

I have just recently discovered the wonders of:

[Sysprep]
BuildMassStorageSection=Yes

And I was wondering if there were any CONS to using this. It seems to solve alot of issues with imaging on multiple hardware sets :thumbup: , but I didn't know if it would hurt me in the long run :} . Please anyone and every one answer as I need every ones experience with this.

Thanks!

Hello all :hello:

I have just recently discovered the wonders of:

[Sysprep]
BuildMassStorageSection=Yes

And I was wondering if there were any CONS to using this. It seems to solve alot of issues with imaging on multiple hardware sets :thumbup: , but I didn't know if it would hurt me in the long run :} . Please anyone and every one answer as I need every ones experience with this.

Thanks!

It won't; that's what it's there for - learn how to clean it too; it's all in the MS KB articles.

It won't; that's what it's there for - learn how to clean it too; it's all in the MS KB articles.

Well, [sysprepcleanup] is automatically generated by the BuildMassStorageSection=Yes. And if you are talking about sysprep -clean in your commandlines.txt in the \Sysprep\$OEM$, I knew of that already.

I guess the reason for my asking is I have heard some skepticism over the line in sysprep and I really need other people’s opinions. If in the end it is going to end up hurting me, which it doesn't look like the case, I'll take it out, but if this isn't the case I would like to know that as well.

I'm just in search of the truth.

Well, [sysprepcleanup] is automatically generated by the BuildMassStorageSection=Yes. And if you are talking about sysprep -clean in your commandlines.txt in the \Sysprep\$OEM$, I knew of that already.

I guess the reason for my asking is I have heard some skepticism over the line in sysprep and I really need other people’s opinions. If in the end it is going to end up hurting me, which it doesn't look like the case, I'll take it out, but if this isn't the case I would like to know that as well.

I'm just in search of the truth.

Sysprep is supported by the people that wrote the operating system. That's a pretty strong show of support. That command is specifically put in there to address XP's inability to cleanly PnP disk controllers that it doesn't know about beforehand.

Did you have a specific question?