Nlite Disables Themes Service

amit_talkin

ok i see that my wmp 11 pack was accused of disabling theme service. so may i ask u people to post your presets? thx

i dont think is my pack cause it doesnt have anything to do with theme service.......

I tried this method to integrate wmp11

integrating wmp11 runtime files (wmfdist11.exe) silently from svcpack

and integrating wmp11.exe (wmp11 files setup) by RunOnceEx and the problem is disappeared

so the problem come from files or registry in wmp11.exe

is there any solution for this

I tried this method to integrate wmp11

integrating wmp11 runtime files (wmfdist11.exe) silently from svcpack

and integrating wmp11.exe (wmp11 files setup) by RunOnceEx and the problem is disappeared

so the problem come from files or registry in wmp11.exe

is there any solution for this

yes..same problem here...no matter that it is boogy's WMP addon pack or WMP11 silent installer! both of them are causing the problem! i have also tried to install it via Runonceex but same result!so there is problem in WMP11 registry! i am also looking for solution!! any help will be appreciated! :)

btw....Dino can close this topic..as this is not issue of nlite...we should start a new topic on "Unattended Windows Section"! shouldnt we??

Edited by amit_talkin

dont know wass up but no matter what method i use i have no problem with wmp 11.....i am not saying i dont belive u guys but remember is still BETA>>>> :P

let u make any other theme as default theme in winnt.sif file! ok now install your WMP11 added xp..you will see at last session ( just after runonceex ) there will a diologe box appears saying...PERSONALIZING SETTINGS...INTERNET EXPLORER....OUTLOOK EXPRESS...THEMES....and after this..your theme will became windows default even u have made another theme has default!!

TO amit_talkin

THE SOLUTION IS

INSIDE WMP11.EXE THERE ARE 4 EXE FILES (umdf.exe,wmdbexport.exe,wmfdist11.exe,wmp11.exe)

1- INSTALL wmfdist11.exe FROM SVCPACK I.E. make addon or

put this file in SVCPACK folder decompress svcpack.in_ to svcpack.inf

put this text wmfdist11.exe /passive /n /z /o under [setupHotfixesToRun]

(i select passive to be sure it installed you can replace /passive by /Q)

2- INSTALL wmp11.exe with the 1st boot with the following commond wmp11.exe /q /norestart /z /o

by making cmd run at 1st boot from your winnt.sif

TO amit_talkin

THE SOLUTION IS

INSIDE WMP11.EXE THERE ARE 4 EXE FILES (umdf.exe,wmdbexport.exe,wmfdist11.exe,wmp11.exe)

1- INSTALL wmfdist11.exe FROM SVCPACK I.E. make addon or

put this file in SVCPACK folder decompress svcpack.in_ to svcpack.inf

put this text wmfdist11.exe /passive /n /z /o under [setupHotfixesToRun]

(i select passive to be sure it installed you can replace /passive by /Q)

2- INSTALL wmp11.exe with the 1st boot with the following commond wmp11.exe /q /norestart /z /o

by making cmd run at 1st boot from your winnt.sif

thnx for solution m8! :)

ok the problem is the wmp.dll!

just copy it to system32 after winxp is started and leave the old wmp9 wmp.dll file in i386 and it works.

now only check out why the new wmp.dll makes no problems when my updatepack is integrated ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry of my English. :blushing:

I think that the problem come from wmploc.dll, I took version 10 of this file and very settles correctly, the problem it pren the appearance of media player 10 :( . Though very pretty :)