Scanner > .tif files

ringfinger

I'm in need of an app that will turn scanned multipaged documents into 1 .tif file. Never have used to many scanners nor scanning software. The scanner is a Kodak i40, and the included software basically sucks. Well, I suppose I shouldn't say that, but it supports probably 30 formats and not one of them is .tif. Right now what we're having to do is scan into .jpeg and rename to .tif. Each page = 1 .jpeg which means a lot of renaming and hassle. Any help out there would be appriciated.

I don't understand why you're converting jpeg to tiff (lossy to lossless).

Also just renaming a jpeg to tiff accomplishes nothing; why does it have to be tiff?

According to Kodak's website your scanner can directly output to tiff.

It also only lists 3 output formats, so something is false here. :huh:

As for renaming files, use a program like Ant Renamer or ReNamer.

Why don't you use the Microsoft Office Document Imaging?

Don't know about your scanner but I think most of the scanner can output to a tif file.

If you haven't done anything for opening the default document for a tif, then some kind of Windows XP software should come up which can put multiple tif files into ONE file.

If you need to create a TIF file to open that default winxp app, then create a tif file from MSPAINT program and then open it.

You can then open the tif file in the MSOffice Doc Imaging, and then from FILE->INSERT FILE then add your files to make it as one TIF.

If you have a document feeder for your scanner, then if you use the above prog., then the output will be one single TIF file with many scanned images in it.

I have installed and tested the 3 included apps that came with the scanner and NONE of them have the ability to output into .tif. This scanner isn't even mine, its for a lady at my work who needs to scan multipage documents directly into a .tif file. The reason why it has to be .tif is because she is uploading these images to chasereports.com and the only file format they accept is a .tif file. This person is for the most part quite computer illiterate and the renaming, paint, blah blah isn't going to work for the long term.

"According to Kodak's website your scanner can directly output to tiff.

It also only lists 3 output formats, so something is false here. huh.gif "

I'd like to see thatt page b/c I've looked everywhere in the included software and cannot find .tif anywhere.

Very surprising and unlikely that a scanner or its software doesn't support TIF.

TIF is even the default format on all the scanners I'v seen.

Note that the only thing you need from the installation CD is the TWAIN driver. Normaly you should be able to operate your scanner from any image editor.

Take a look at Photofiltre.

Contact Kodak support center. Maybe they will answer.

I'm in need of an app that will turn scanned multipaged documents into 1 .tif file. Never have used to many scanners nor scanning software. The scanner is a Kodak i40, and the included software basically sucks. Well, I suppose I shouldn't say that, but it supports probably 30 formats and not one of them is .tif. Right now what we're having to do is scan into .jpeg and rename to .tif. Each page = 1 .jpeg which means a lot of renaming and hassle. Any help out there would be appriciated.

For this type of page insertion I use Omni Page. As far as I know it is the only one that you can insert "MULTIPLE" pages to 1 Tif file.

Irfanview does this.

Install, run, go to file, then it is easy as a pie.

Yes Irfanview will do this. GREAT application, but will only convert 1 page at a time so he would still wind up with "MULTIPLE" pages instead of just one Multi page tif file.

jd

Irfanview does this.

Install, run, go to file, then it is easy as a pie.

Yes Irfanview will do this. GREAT application, but will only convert 1 page at a time so he would still wind up with "MULTIPLE" pages instead of just one Multi page tif file.

jd

Never used that option since I use png instead but it is present when acquiring from a TWAIN source with Multiple images/Batch mode :

PressePapier03.png

Thank you to all who have replied. I will try and figure it out tomorrow, although I know for a FACT that the included software doesn't save into .tif (one f not two [.tiff]) it actually has no option for either. I will check out Omni Page as 03GrandAmGT suggested. I just can't belive that the included software doesn't have .tif support!!! Thanks again... there must be a way.

Edited by ringfinger

Camarade_Tux,

U DA MAN!! I never realized that function was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually I have never scanned anything with Irfanview. Thanks for enlightening me. :thumbup

ringfinger

What Camarade_Tux says is true. Just tried it on my scanner with 7 documents and scanned it into one .TIF file. Best of all Irfanview is FREE!! :thumbup

Thanks Again

Camarade_Tux

jd

Thank you to all who have replied. I will try and figure it out tomorrow, although I know for a FACT that the included software doesn't save into .tif (one f not two [.tiff]) it actually has no option for either. I will check out Omni Page as 03GrandAmGT suggested. I just can't belive that the included software doesn't have .tif support!!! Thanks again... there must be a way.

Acronym for tagged image file format, one of the most widely supported file formats for storing bit-mapped images on personal computers (both PCs and Macintosh computers). Other popular formats are BMP and PCX.

TIFF graphics can be any resolution, and they can be black and white, gray-scaled, or color. Files in TIFF format often end with a .tif extension.

Nice!

In Irfanview, you can choose the compression method for TIFF. Default is none.

When using it to acquire from your scanner, on the right side of the "Save As" field, click on "Options". ;)

Right now, you can still recompress your file using this method. :)