Epox EP-9NPA3 Ultra board

hmaster10

i just like to ask if its my board that has problem because when i install in windows thru its sata drive

here what happens:

1) installation goes normal (no F6 coz i'm not doing raid)

2) when i right click my computer > properties, the System Restore, Automatic Updates, Remore tab are missing.

3) the event viewer in the administrative tools don't work. (error mesaage: unknown interface)

4) when i install the board driver after a reboot, the network adapter is still missing even though the driver where isntalled according to the Device Manager.

- i supect that its my windows installer being bad but i already use 3 different ones and its still the same

- any advice?

Edited by hmaster10

already done that and still the same :(

question:

1) as long as it shows in the device manager does it means that it still works? (the device)

2) should i really need to do the F6 ? almost all of the guides i read in google says press F6 even if i'm not using Raid just installing on a single sata

some observation...

1) under the services, those set on automatic are not started and some service components are missing O.o

edit:

2) found more things missing, like Internet Explorer, Windows Firewall and more

I think its the memory which causing the error

edit:

odd, memory is fine when tested

i can't find whats causing the problem :(

Besides the memory. What else could i check that is causing me to install windows with so many things missing?

Edited by hmaster10

2) should i really need to do the F6 ? almost all of the guides i read in google says press F6 even if i'm not using Raid just installing on a single sata

That depends on the controller. Some do, some do not. If I know exactly which mass storage controller you are using, I might be able to tell you.

Edit: Just noticed you specified the motherboard. The Nvidia SATA controller does not require you to add a driver via F6 for non-RAID configurations like you are using.

Besides the memory. What else could i check that is causing me to install windows with so many things missing?

Is it possible you are using an Nlite'ed install disc?

Edited by ssmokee

Edit: Just noticed you specified the motherboard. The Nvidia SATA controller does not require you to add a driver via F6 for non-RAID configurations like you are using.

if i don't enebaled RAID, my pc keeps on rebooting after installation but if i turn on RAID, but don't set which drive will be set to RAID

RAID ENABLED	 [Enabled]
SATA 3 RAID [Disabled]
SATA 4 RAID [Disabled]
SATA 1 RAID [Disabled]
SATA 2 RAID [Disabled]

the above BIOS setup works, it allows me to finish installation w/ no infinite reboots, BUT it gives me an error about unable to load the correct NVidia nForce RAID Class Controller, NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller, and Parallel ATA Controller

the fix i did was to install the SW IDE driver that was in the cd that came along with the board, after the reboot, windows will hung upon load, so i need to restart in safe mode then restart again in normal mode.

Is it possible you are using an Nlite'ed install disc?

yes, i am. but the installer i'm using works for the first time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok here's what i have found out, after the installation, i turn off RAID again, then updated the missing driver "NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller, and Parallel ATA Controller" they updated from BTS DP pack fine.

Speculation part:

so i think the culprit is that, since i integrated BTS DP MassStorage Pack via BTS integrator (BASE), i'm actually performing the F6 automatically, since raid is not enabled, windows can't boot after installation therefor infinite reboot. But how can i integrate the SATA, PATA Controller w/o integrating the RAID controller?

BTS DP Base only offer MAssStorage PAck in Textmode... should i take out the nForce4 driver in BTS DP Pack (the one w/o R, 4a. this is the one for no RAID), and integrate it thru NLite?

Edited by hmaster10

if i don't enebaled RAID, my pc keeps on rebooting after installation

Did you install the nforce4 winxp drivers after the installation? Could you be more specific about exactly when the crash occurs...does it always happen at the same time/place as before, or is it random?

I have played around with nlite a little, but the questions you are asking are over my head.

what i did was:

1) i integrated BTS MassStorage Pack

2) do the installation procedure (since driver been integrated, no more F6)

3) installation finish .. at this point windows will reboot to the first run of windows

4) oops, windows didn't boot (infinite loop)

yes it always happen at a specific point

according to the forum of BTS DP, nvidia's having problem with their drivers being detected to be the same w/ other devices

currently i'm building a new nLited XP w/ only integrating the nForce4 Sata and ATA Controller not the RAID on TextMode

Edited by hmaster10