Using IPMI with WinPE

WashingtonR

Hello All,

I've setup a RIS Server in order to upgrade IBM xSeries firmware remotely. I've setup the RIS Server, and my WinPE Image successfuly. I can flash the BIOS and the Diags using wflash.exe, but I've run into an issue trying to flash the BMC. The issue with the BMC is that in order to use wflash.exe, you have to have IPMI drivers and the IPMI Mapping Layer installed. I've tried and tried unsuccessfully to add these two features to my WinPE image. I'm using W2K3 Server and WinPE 2005. Anyone have any suggestions regarding this issue?

Thanks In Advance...

getting the IMPI to load in winpe would require you to know all the dependicies of the program (dlls, reg keys etc) find out all theses and you can edit the registry hives, add the dll to the PE and try it from the PE, i have no idea what dependicies are needed :) but registry keys are a great place to start and find out

Thanks for your reply. I was beginning to wonder if anyone besides myself could even see the posting. In order to flash the BMC using wflash, you have to install the IPMI driver and the IPMI mapping layer. I've installed the IPMI driver and the IPMI mapping layer on Win2K3 server, and have tried to look at the registry to see where everything is placed. I thought I had found where everything is placed, and added registry keys to my WinPE image, but unfortunately it didn't work. Any further suggestions will be appreciated...