KasperSky Silent Installation

sHaDYvB

Hello guys,

I've finally found a work-around to Silent/Unattended Installation problem of KAV and KIS .. ;)

We all thought about the MSI itself initiating the RESTART command , but this ain't right .. :huh:

The KAV or KIS Main exe itself (avp.exe) who does the restart issue .. and it starts just after installation finishes ..

After a few shots , i found that avp.exe must start after installation NO ESCAPE , and it restarts after setting some neccessary configuration to the system ..

So, i closed the avp.exe just after it starts after installation ( -> 'tskill avp' ) , but i realized that it must start the first time and reboot or it won't work even for thousand manual restarts ..

So here you are what i did ..

Silent.cmd <-- My Silent Installation Launcher ..

kav6.0.0.300en.msi /qn /norestart
tskill avp

This way it won't restart just after installation , but u gotta run AVP ( and it will restart :blink: ) but this time u control when to restart , maybe in UACD after u finish all programs use it instead of 'shutdown -r" :P

Restart.cmd <-- Completing Installation

"%ProgramFiles%\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"

- For a Complete Unattended Install , you can put your *.KEY file ( whatever the name as long as the extension is .KEY ) in the same folder as the MSI Installation file .. and you are activated automatically

- About Automatic Profile Import ( i've not figured out the way , but i'm going to .. :P )

** NOTICE : Excuse me alot if somebody else came up with this before me , cuz i searched alot and alot and didn't find any working solution .. neither here nor KasperSky Official Forum ..

Hey!

thats nice, thanks. While we already knew that avp.exe causes the reboot at least in the other thread no one simply killed avp.exe. Instead the msi was modified to not start the avp.exe after installation. Your solution is easier of course ;-)

If you find a way to install a profile silently, please tell us ;-) Also it would be nice to trigger the post install wizard silently. Currently, if you start avp.exe after a silent installation it just reboots instead of starting the post install wizard.

Thanks,

Alex

Hey!

thats nice, thanks. While we already knew that avp.exe causes the reboot at least in the other thread no one simply killed avp.exe. Instead the msi was modified to not start the avp.exe after installation. Your solution is easier of course ;-)

If you find a way to install a profile silently, please tell us ;-) Also it would be nice to trigger the post install wizard silently. Currently, if you start avp.exe after a silent installation it just reboots instead of starting the post install wizard.

Thanks,

Alex

I'm Searching for it ..

and about the mandatory reboot , there is no way out of it .. just reboot when you finish all by running the 'avp.exe' ..

and i think if u unattendly install your profile , and activation key , there will be no post install wizard :whistle:

not really a workaround. It is better to modify to installer through an mst file to remove the line in the msi causing this app to reboot. Talked about in this thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=74802

With all respect sir , there will be updates to the program , and it is easier to use switches and batches than editing every single release that comes up ..

And there is other thing , the edited MSI file rebooted as well for me .. it didn't differ than original one :wacko:

and i didn't manage to edit the MSI myself as the post maker explained ( with all respect to him )

Hey!

Thanks,

Alex

I'm Searching for it ..

and about the mandatory reboot , there is no way out of it .. just reboot when you finish all by running the 'avp.exe' ..

and i think if u unattendly install your profile , and activation key , there will be no post install wizard :whistle:

not really a workaround. It is better to modify to installer through an mst file to remove the line in the msi causing this app to reboot. Talked about in this thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=74802

With all respect sir , there will be updates to the program , and it is easier to use switches and batches than editing every single release that comes up ..

And there is other thing , the edited MSI file rebooted as well for me .. it didn't differ than original one :wacko:

and i didn't manage to edit the MSI myself as the post maker explained ( with all respect to him )

I know there will be updates and the mst file can apply to the msi file easily. It silently installs until avp.exe runs for the first time. This is understood. We are using switches to apply the mst and silently the app. Pay attention to the post before saying our method doesn't work. Most people successfully silently install the app. Scripts are fine but most newbies don't want extra things to silently install an app. Our method is more user-friendly.

Edited by 1chaoticadult

I know there will be updates and the mst file can apply to the msi file easily. It silently installs until avp.exe runs for the first time. This is understood. We are using switches to apply the mst and silently the app. Pay attention to the post before saying our method doesn't work. Most people successfully silently install the app. Scripts are fine but most newbies don't want extra things to silently install an app. Our method is more user-friendly.

maybe you are right , it is only up to the user it self , for me i use batch scripting , so it is easy to add some extra lines .. and that maybe hard for someone else ..

But, do i have to use the MST file with the EDITIED edition of the MSI ?? to get it not to restart ???

maybe you are right , it is only up to the user it self , for me i use batch scripting , so it is easy to add some extra lines .. and that maybe hard for someone else ..

But, do i have to use the MST file with the EDITIED edition of the MSI ?? to get it not to restart ???

No...Use the mst with the original msi file. That was my point. I dealt with this for a while. Batch scripting scares people away I seen many times. People can deal with switches better than batch scripts (not all cases though). I could do both but currently i prefer this method.

Edited by 1chaoticadult

Hi All,

In KAV or KIS v 6.0.322 you can Install it silently without using MST File ...

Just use Command :

/qb /Norestart

:D

It will restart , and this is the whole probelm we are talking about :whistle:

According to KAV forum's post (http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t15041.html) there is no another way but order your key from them again .. and save it to your hard ...

I duno for sure , but i think it is stored in Registry

Try this one :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\LicStorage

Backup the key and try it on another machine ( VMWare .. etc )

try it and tell ..

You mean they fixed it :-o

But even that , MST gives you more control over your installation , like customizing which components to install , and even integrate some registry tweaks into your silent installation ..

• 1 month later...

it fail because i am using the runonce installation and after install ... the avp won;t run yet... after loading windows it runs and corrupt everything =)

Edited by cyberloner