nVIDIA Driver Installation

Remember, I don't have an nVIDIA card on any of my systems. But there are two ways of getting them installed:

Method 1

Extract your drivers using an extractor such as WinRAR.

The contents of your directory should look like this:

nvidia.gif

Now copy them all to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Nvidia4403 (or whatever build of drivers you're using)

In winnt.sif use the following under [unattended]:

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Nvidia4403\"

If that doesn't work, try Method 2

Method 2

When you extracted them earlier you will have probably noticed setup.exe is an Installshield packaged file. Either from creating a shortcut to setup.exe with a switch, or from command prompt, use this:

Setup.exe -R

1. The normal setup screens will appear, asking you questions as you go along such as destination directory, etc. It's CRUCIAL that you do not choose the "Restart the computer now" option. If you do, you will terminate your batch when you run an unattended installation.

2. After installation has completed, go to your C:\Windows (or C:\WINNT) directory and take out the setup.iss file. Put this setup.iss file in the same directory where your driver files reside (overwrite when prompted)

If you placed the extracted drivers and setup.iss into C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Applications\Nvidia\driver\ then use this batch:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing nVIDIA Drivers 44.03
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nvidia\driver\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nvidia\driver\setup.iss"

If you are using unsigned drivers, you may benefit from this registry tweak to set the driver signing policy from Prompt to Ignore to ensure an uninterrupted driver installation. You should add this to the registry BEFORE installing the drivers in your batch:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing]
"Policy"=hex:00

Please let me know which method works best for you, so I can add one of these on the site.

Hmmm the description for OemPnPDriversPath says:

Specifies the path to one or more folders that contain Plug and Play drivers not distributed in Drivers.cab on the Windows product CD.

I think This method can only work with the new Geforce FX because MS don't have driver in the Drivers.cab for the Geforce FX but for the other Nvidia cards MS has default driver...

The second method can work but i don't have test is now.

Hey Aaron!

Nice to meet you..

I ve got a NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX

And I tried the 2nd method without the registry tweak and the Window for driver signing policy popped up and I was there to Click on Continue Anyway.....and everything went fine...

Maybe this time I should try to use your Registry Tweak...Right!

So I guess the 2nd method works fine...coz evrything went fine using the setup.iss except for the Driver signing..!

Cheers!

1st 1 doesnt work

after getting into xp i have only 4 colors :)

2nd works but reboots so it wont finish my batch file

i placed it at the end so it does the rest, but.....

ECHO Installing nVIDIA Drivers...

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nvidia\driver\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nvidia\driver\setup.iss"

rmdir c:\install/s

ECHO.

EXIT

i use "rmdir c:\install/s" so it will delete the install folder, but when nvidia reboots it wont. :rolleyes:

i used nforce driver 2.45 so i have all in 1

btw after the reboot its installed and works fine

• 1 month later...

I use the first one already and it does work with both a gforce2 mx400 and an fx5200. Everything is autoamitic and it works great.

Not only that but the controle panle is laoded automaticly. I siggest if it does not work for others then they ahve something setup wrong. I might also add it is the easiest and most full proof. It also does not ask me if I want to install the drivers or not.

I have a nvidia card and I use this code to install the drivers and all is OK and the install make no reboot for me. I have same problem like muiz , but after adding /noreboot everything's fine.

ECHO.
ECHO Installing nVidia Gforce 4 MX-440 8X Drivers
start /wait %systemdrive%\drivers\nvidia\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\drivers\nvidia\setup.iss" /noreboot
ECHO Please wait...
ECHO.

regards

alex

method 2 works great, but is not quite welcome, if you use your unattended CD to install on a system, where there's no NVIDIA card present...

method 1 won't work, UNLESS....

you modify 3 files in the i386 folder (TXTSETUP.SIF, DOSNET.INF, DRVINDEX.INF)

open the files and search for nv4 and delete the following entries (if present)

DOSNET.INF

d1,nv4.dll

d1,nv4.inf

d1,nv4.sys

DRVINDEX.INF

d1,nv4_disp.dll

d1,nv4_disp.inf

d1,nv4_mini.sys

TXTSETUP.SIF

nv4.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3

nv4.inf = 1,,,,,,,20,0,0

nv4.sys = 1,,,,,,,,3,3

windows setup will then look in the path specified with "OemPnPDriversPath" for the appropriate drivers :)

nope all you need to do is add the driver path to your winnt.sif

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Nvidia4403\"

as stated above. You do not need to edit any other files. With this method you just need to make sure that you give the correct path to the driver files. And it also does not install the drivers if you dont have an nvidia card installed. I'm currently using this with the latest nvidia drivers available.

How can i install the Nforce 2.45 Drivers unattended...plz help

It should be able to be done the same way as any other driver is installed during windows setup. Extract the nforce drivers check which folders contain the INFs and use a correct path to them in winnt.sif (Bear in mind I haven't used nforce drivers, but I'm sure its similar to the way VIA chipset or nvidia gfx drivers are installed)