[Question] Microsoft's latest XP WGA

Thunderbolt 2864

Hey all,

First of all I have a legal copy of XP with a legit CD key. I've downloaded the previous versions of the WGA and I did not encounter any of the notifications. Just today I downloaded the latest version of WGA and I rebooted my computer. When I finally booted into XP there was a notification saying my copy of XP was not legit and the banner was fixed on my desktop, for like 2 seconds and it disappeared when I got into XP. I ran the windows genuine checker and it said my serial key was valid. I rebooted my computer again to see if the notification window was going to popup again at startup but to my suprise it didn't. Did anybody experience this when you downloaded the latest WGA?

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

--Sonic

There's another post about this.

Every few minutes, a balloon tip pops up saying "thank you for purchasing windows" and the wga site opens. Is this happening with anyone else?

It's a **** piece of software, comes in the way of my gaming.

I just removed it from Updates section in add/remove progs. Now I am free!

It should be that it installs ONCE, checks if it's a legit copy, if it is, then removes itself, if it's not, then do whatever microsoft wants it to do.

I just don't see why Microsoft has to update this WGA. If one works fine, then keep it that way, not to provoke customers with legit copies with annoying nagware.

And even people who has a pirated copy of XP, pirates are going to find a way to remove the messages anyway. I'm pretty sure Microsoft has figured that out before they released this so called critical "update". All they are doing is just wasting their time with an annoying "update" which probably isn't going to help anyone.