XPize does not apply completely

grpprod

Hello,

I have just tried to install the latest XPize in my fresh XP+SP2 installation. After the reboot, it complains that it was not able to update 28 files (and it says they will be updated after reboot). However after many reboots each time the same message appears. And of course some files are not updated (for example, Internet Options in IE6 still shows the old icons).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello,

I have just tried to install the latest XPize in my fresh XP+SP2 installation. After the reboot, it complains that it was not able to update 28 files (and it says they will be updated after reboot). However after many reboots each time the same message appears. And of course some files are not updated (for example, Internet Options in IE6 still shows the old icons).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

have windows updates been installed after each reboot? maybe an update has been automatically installed and now xpize is reloading them to make em XPized

no i don't think thats it, i got missing icons and the login thing just don't work.

**Edit**

oops this aint my thread sorry

Edited by mode

No nothing has been installed after XPize. This is a fresh XP+SP2 installation, with no patches-updates applied. However XPize does not work properly. I have tried to install it on my laptop and it is fine. It must have something to do with the specific hardware of my desktop PC. Perhaps XPero should give us a hit here :}

No nothing has been installed after XPize. This is a fresh XP+SP2 installation, with no patches-updates applied. However XPize does not work properly. I have tried to install it on my laptop and it is fine. It must have something to do with the specific hardware of my desktop PC. Perhaps XPero should give us a hit here :}

Not really mate. I'm just surprised about what I'm reading: None of the customizations applied, so weird. I will compare 4.3 and 4.4 code to see which change may be the responsible of that. By the way, is 4.3 fully working where 4.4 is not?

Not really mate. I'm just surprised about what I'm reading: None of the customizations applied, so weird. I will compare 4.3 and 4.4 code to see which change may be the responsible of that. By the way, is 4.3 fully working where 4.4 is not?

Hi XPero, thanks for the reply (of course I meant 'hint' and not 'hit' :P ). I have been trying to locate the problem, and I have found something that may be causing this, and I am posting this just FYI. Perhaps the problem is caused by ANTIWPA which is installed on this computer. I have tried to do a clean XP installation and apply XPize before ANTIWPA, and seems to work fine.

Btw, on my laptop I have set the power icon in the system tray to be always on (ie. the one that looks like a plug/battery). It would be nice if XPize would change this as well (it is still the old 16-color icons).

Edited by grpprod

Thanks for your reply and great that you have solved your issue. About the battery icon, I've tried to mod it in different versions but there is only 16 color support for it, so no chance to make it look great.