Games Incompatible with Server 2003

Thought i would create a topic where people can post games that are known to be incompatible with server 2003. I have yet to find 1 game that i havent been able to play on it.

Anyone found any yet ?

Anyone been able to get Tomb Raider Legend to work on 2k3?

My specs:

AMD 64 3700+ (S939)

2048 gigs of Corsair PC3200

ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe

2 160 Gig Western Digital (SATA2) in Raid 0

I can get past the NVidia logo at the start and then at the end of the intro movie I get an Application error box.

Any Ideas, I really would like to get this game to work. I do not want to re-install XP

My specs:

AMD 64 3700+ (S939)

ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe

I can get past the NVidia logo at the start and then at the end of the intro movie I get an Application error box.

Any Ideas, I really would like to get this game to work. I do not want to re-install XP

Tomb Raider? Then I dunno. Is it even playable on Windows XP at all? If it's Tomb Raider, then it's likely that it's compatible with Windows 98 only. Sorry.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

My specs:

AMD 64 3700+ (S939)

ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe

Tomb Raider? Then I dunno. Is it even playable on Windows XP at all? If it's Tomb Raider, then it's likely that it's compatible with Windows 98 only. Sorry.

That is totally incorrect. Tomb Raider Legend is only compatible with Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Read the specifications here: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product...=SYSTEMREQ#PROD

It requires Windows 2000 or Windows XP. I don't see why it wouldn't work on Windows Server 2003. But to say it may not even run on XP and only on Windows 98 is flat out INCORRECT!! It specifically states that it requires only Windows 2000/XP, so if worse comes to worse, it won't run on any OS besides Windows 2000 or Windows XP. It may and probably should run on Windows Server 2003 because Windows Server 2003 is still based on Windows NT 5.X kernel like Windows 2K and XP. But it won't stand a chance to run on POS Windows 98/ME as they are completely different OS architectures than Windows 2000/XP/2003.

Games that were written for Windows 98/ME only back in the day sometimes work on Windows 2000/XP/2003 because Windows 2000/XP/2003 has emulation support for some Windows 9X applications to work in Windows 2000/XP/2003. The reverse is not true, so Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 only games and applications can't run in Windows 9X because Windows 9X has no emulation for Windows NT based opertaing systems.

My specs:

AMD 64 3700+ (S939)

ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe

That is totally incorrect. Tomb Raider Legend is only compatible with Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Read the specifications here: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product...=SYSTEMREQ#PROD

It requires Windows 2000 or Windows XP. I don't see why it wouldn't work on Windows Server 2003. But to say it may not even run on XP and only on Windows 98 is flat out INCORRECT!! It specifically states that it requires only Windows 2000/XP, so if worse comes to worse, it won't run on any OS besides Windows 2000 or Windows XP. It may and probably should run on Windows Server 2003 because Windows Server 2003 is still based on Windows NT 5.X kernel like Windows 2K and XP. But it won't stand a chance to run on POS Windows 98/ME as they are completely different OS architectures than Windows 2000/XP/2003.

Games that were written for Windows 98/ME only back in the day sometimes work on Windows 2000/XP/2003 because Windows 2000/XP/2003 has emulation support for some Windows 9X applications to work in Windows 2000/XP/2003. The reverse is not true, so Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 only games and applications can't run in Windows 9X because Windows 9X has no emulation for Windows NT based opertaing systems.

No no, you misunderstood which Tomb Raider game I am talking about. The NEW Tomb Raider "Tomb Radier Legend"

that game probably freaked out when it saw your nice machine, it doesn't know what to do with all that power!!! ;)

lol nm, i thought u were talking about the original ;)

Edited by Ophiel X

Well, Quake 1, the Windows 95 Edition doesn't work on my computer, and works on my old one, which is weird.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy doesn't work either. It gets into the program, when it loads the main menu, it displays an error box and exits the program.

Half Life Counterstrike 1.6 doesn't work either. When I click on it, nothing happens.

The next time I log in, it displayed some message saying their was some unknown error with those applications I executed and asked me to send an error report to Microsoft.

Edited by Thunderbolt 2864

WOO HOO!!!1111111ONE!!!11 I fixed it....I removed my RAM and cleaned all of the contacts. Now all of my games that that were giving me the errors work without a hitch!!!! I am soooo sooooo soooo sooo Happy now!!!!!

p.s. Sorry I am just excited!!!