1 network 2 routers = 2 network need help !

hello to all

Iám trying to expand my network but it is not working like it has to.

i got ( at my place we are 3 persons and 5 pc ) 2 pc for me and the other are of my parents.

i hade made a network whit 4 pc 1 for me worked great now i like to add 1 extra pc for me .

i brougt a extra router and made this configuration. but is not working good

on pc1 pc2 pc3 pc5 pc6 i got internet super

on the network of pc1 i see pc1 pc2 pc3 no pc5 no pc6

on the network of pc2 i see pc1 pc2 pc3 no pc5 no pc6

on the network of pc3 i see pc1 pc2 pc3 no pc5 no pc6

on network of pc5 i see pc5 pc6 no pc1 pc2 pc3

on network of pc5 i see pc5 pc6 no pc1 pc2 pc3

what is wrong is the 2e router the problem is there a way to fix this

hope to be clear sorry for my english .

Thanks in advance Scorp

post-33459-1148753347_thumb.jpg

thats a new one

but i take it u got both rotuers on diff IP address and ranges

have you try to access the other two pcs via there IP address

coz when i do networking at times [ with other people pcs] they dont see mine but they can get access to the files via the IP address way :)

besides that your on your own and good luck

Item number 4 in your diagram (router 2) should be a network hub or switch. This is how my network is set up and it works flawlessly.

You should return router 2 and purchase a hub or switch to take its place. If you have the extra money then get a switch because it will help reduce collisions on the network and provide higher throughput. Otherwise get a hub.

Connect the cable to one of the second router's LAN-ports and not to the WAN-port.

But as 5eraph said, you can (but you don't have to) use a switch instead (they are often a bit cheaper).

Connect the cable to one of the second router's LAN-ports and not to the WAN-port.
Routers break up broadcast domains; he will have an uphill battle configuring whatever router he is using to make it work the way he wants.

Follow 5eraph's advice.

^^agreed

if you wanted to isolate your PC from your parents, you have succeeded. if you wanted to just add more PCs, you're better off getting a switch. A 4 port 10/100 switch shouldn't cost that much. It certainly should be cheaper than the router

You need to edit the routing tables...
Not everyone can do such things. The easiest, and most appropriate, thing to do in this scenario is to replace that node with a switch/hub. Plug it in and go enjoy the holiday weekend :)

hello

thanks for the tips you all are giving.

i have a hub lying around if i change router 2 for the hub i will not be able to internet on pc5 and pc6 at the same time isn't or am i wrong .

Scorp

Scorp, that will be fine. Hopefully the hub isn't too old...does it say '100' on it somewhere? You should be fine if it does...if not, those two PCs will likely experience some slowdown. If they are just used for e-mail and casual browsing you should be OK though.

Putting the hub there will get everyone on the net.

Thank you all

i did what DL. did say i connected the sec router entrance in a lan-port and not a to wan-port it is working great .

the hub i had laying around did not let me work on the internet whit the 2 pc's that i have connected to it .

Thanks to all ( next time i will inform first before i will do somthing strange )

thanks again

Scorp