Installing ISA on Domain

I know its not recommended but for testing purposes could someone please advise:

1. What ports i need open so clients can connect to the domain including any scripts we run?

2. Disadvantages of installing ISA on a domain?

Remember ISA needs to be installed on a Domain Controller.

Thanks for your help in advance

Are you asking which ports need to be opened in order to connect to the domain directly from the Internet?

It would help if you could give a little bit more background as to exactly what you are wanting to accomplish. If you are wanting users to be able to connect remotely, using ISA as a VPN server is a much more secure way to allow domain login from the internet.

Is this a single-server domain that you are wanting to enable remote access to or do you have a different goal in mind? I will try to give you a better answer once I know what your end goal is. Thanks,

-Sean

Are you asking which ports need to be opened in order to connect to the domain directly from the Internet?

It would help if you could give a little bit more background as to exactly what you are wanting to accomplish. If you are wanting users to be able to connect remotely, using ISA as a VPN server is a much more secure way to allow domain login from the internet.

Is this a single-server domain that you are wanting to enable remote access to or do you have a different goal in mind? I will try to give you a better answer once I know what your end goal is. Thanks,

-Sean

Sorry i wasnt too sure what you may have needed to know so ill explain:

I have a DC on a machine.

This machine has 2 NIC (Network Interface Cards)

1 NIC is currently used for all traffic (incoming/ outgoing) as i dont know how i should use the second NIC.

I want users of the domain to be able to logon - currently every user is blocked by ISA so im not sure what ports need opening.

Once ive accomplished that, i want to be able to configure ISA (which i know how to)to specify which traffic is and isnt allowed including URLs allowed and disallowed to to the outside world (internet).

No remote access from outside the network is required just yet.

If this doesnt make sense please let me know.

Thank you

p.s. one of the error messages received in event viewer is:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: NetBT

Event Category: None

Event ID: 4321

Date: 27/05/2006

Time: 09:38:29

User: N/A

Computer: CLIENT1

Description:

The name "TestDomain :1d" could not be registered on the Interface with IP address 192.168.1.3. The machine with the IP address 192.168.1.2 did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 00 00 00 00 04 00 56 00 ......V.

0008: 00 00 00 00 e1 10 00 c0 ....á..À

0010: 01 01 00 00 01 00 00 c0 .......À

0018: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Edited by Dell and Rodney