Sony PS2

TomcaT

I know nothing about the Sony PS2 or how it works, my son got one last Christmas and wanted to play online, I ordered the network disk etc and setup it wired directly to my Belkin router, firewall is set and I managed to set it to play online...... that was the easy bit.

Now the problem, he played in the living room on the TV downstairs and I told him the he was not going to be using it all the time down here......

So I connected his PS2 to his PC via the onboard ethernet card (firewall settings off), and shared his wireless connection with the ethernet card, when the PS2 is plugged in, it does not show as connected on the PC...... I reckon I am doing something wrong.... Can anyone help? or point me in the direction of a guide that will help me do this? Is it even possible??

Thanks in advance. B)

Well for one thing, have you used a Cat5e Crossover cable? ;) ;)

When connecting two PC's together "directly" [and the same with a PS2's then hehe] you have to use one of these cable.

Get one of those cables and try that, and get back to us :)

Cheers

Nath

It might be a bit fiddlely with the setup on the PS2 - and there maybe more to do - but if it doesnt even show that its connected, then you'll definately [99.9% sure] that you will need the crossover cable to start with :)

The rest should all be down to configs & settings on the PC :)

...hopefully

...if its at all possible that is lol

[if not, PS3 in November will sort it hehe ;)]

Cheers

Nath

• 1 month later...
It might be a bit fiddlely with the setup on the PS2 - and there maybe more to do - but if it doesnt even show that its connected, then you'll definately [99.9% sure] that you will need the crossover cable to start with :)

The rest should all be down to configs & settings on the PC :)

...hopefully

...if its at all possible that is lol

[if not, PS3 in November will sort it hehe ;)]

Cheers

Nath

Hi Nath and all,

Finally got my butt into gear and got him a crossover cable.

Switched the ICS on his PC, plugged the cable into the PS2 and PC network port, loaded his PS2 game.... BANG... straight in online, no problems at all!!!

Thanks for the help on this Nath. :thumbup:thumbup

No problem TomcaT... any time :)

@SiMoNsAyS:

Heres a few I [have] played:

Time Splitters [3]: Future Perfect is pretty good. Always a few online. I give it a blast every now and then too. Good fun against real people.

SSX 3 "should" be good but ever since i played it online, there's hardly been anyone about - still fun to race against ppl tho. Had some fun with that one.

Tony Hawk games are online too - but i never could be bothered to "take it online" really. Plus it seemed like there was quite a few cheaters on TH: Underground ...not sure about the second Underground tho [i've got it but havent really tried it online properly].

Nath.

free to play online as a rule, but some games may have subscription charges...

But the PS online network itself is free :)

[The games I mention in my previous post are free to play online btw]

...so just get the hardware & get gaming online :)

Nath.

Edited by tarquel