Windows MCE installation

Hello there. I am having an issue installing Windows MCE. Here we go. I have built a new PC and from what I can tell, it is completely compatible with Windows MCE. I just bought a three disk set off of NewEgg. Anyways, while I was waiting for the rest of my parts to come in, I attempted to install MCE on the PC I am using now which runs XP Pro. I put the first CD in, it gave me the screen "Detecting Hardware" and so on and so forth. I then realised that I did not have enough disk space to install it on my PC and I did not want to do an upgrade. So, cut to a few days later. I finished putting my computer together. It boots correctly and there is no errors with any of the hardware. I even have a HDD in there that I formatted with my XP Pro PC just in case. My problem is that I put the first CD, boot the computer up and the "Please wait while setup determines your hardware configuration..." comes up and then nothing. A black screen comes up and it just sits there. I took the CD and put it back in to my existing PC with XP pro and it works fine. I have no idea why it is doing this and there is nothing I can find online.

*Update* just a quick update. I went and found my copy of XP pro and tried installing that first and when i boot the PC up with the install CD in my drive, it does the same exact thing. the system just says it is detecting my hardware and then stops. I have also tried a DVD drive and it does not work either. it is stopping at the same point. Both the DVD and CD drives work perfectly in other computers.

Edited by meamgood

I'm gonna hazard a guess here...

Try reseating your memory, as I've had this exact problem and I tracked it to the memory modules.

I'm running DDR2 in dual channel mode, so what I did was take both modules out and switched them up then made sure they were seated securely.

Another thing is to check BIOS settings. Make sure shadow ram and all that stuff is shut off. And lastly, make sure you're not overclocking (for now).

i am going to run memtest today to make sure all of my memory is working. I spoke to the vendor that sold me the mobo/cpu and he said that i should get ddr400 instead of ddr333 like i had. only problem is now the 400MHz memory is showing up as 333MHz

with any of the hardware. I even have a HDD in there that I formatted with my XP Pro PC just in case. My problem is that I put the first CD, boot the computer up and the "Please wait while setup determines your hardware configuration..." comes up and then nothing. A black screen comes up and it just sits there. I took the

When you see the "Press F6 to specify hardware disk drivers", hit F6 and put in your SATA driver floppy.

That should let you then proceed.