HP XP Pro

ok, been doing this unattened thing for lil while now, have multiple cds for desktop, which is a std. retail xp pro. but now i got a new laptop, i got the os cd from HP, is a xp cd as far as i can tell, but on install-just after t-34 it asks my name and org., then network settings (typical, no workgroup) then the time zone, then it completes as normal, NO product key, and no activation.

so my question is how do i write the winnt.sif without a key>? just deleteing that line did not work, and entering MY key gives a "invalid key" error so now whAT?

thanks.

There are quite a few threads pertaining to this issue on the board. Most likely your supplied disc is a recovery one & the key printed on the coa sticker cannot be used to activate etc.

You can look up the thread or dl a key finder to retrieve the correct key from your laptop/system, provided you haven't already partitioned or reformatted it of course.

Cheers

MC.

Yep there is ive dealt with tons of these so called name brand Cd's or otherwise known as recovery Cd's kinda sucks really cos its set to copy and install programs over from the DATA(D:) Drive...So Yeah And We All Know Those HP And Compaq And So On Program Slow up The System Jus Get Rid Of The Line Then Ur Set