[Release] Microsoft .NET 2.0 Single EXE from SVCPACK (+1.1)

Aserone

I mirrored my release post from RyanVM:s forum Original Thread. Thanks Ryan for posting the workaround. Credit: Aaron Stebner here.

This silent addon installs dotNET 2.0 from SVCPACK @ T13 from one EXE to reduce clutter. I've tested it(this addon) enough now to be sure the workaround is functional, installing from svcpack and running .NET programs, showing up in "add/remove programs", and no errors during install.

The combined version installs both .NET 1.1 and 2.0 @ T13. Both at the very beginning, version 1.1 first. Tested and works. Quote Ryan: Self-extracting .NET 1.1 which already has Service Pack 1 and the KB886903 hotfix integrated into it.

.NET v2.0 - Single EXE Addon

Link 2.0 EXE file: 00dNET20.exe

MD5: 4170419F1AF717197A3FC60CEB96C595

SIZE: 16415 KB

Link 2.0 CAB Addon: Foxy_dotNET_2.0_SVCPACK_Addon

MD5: 6774277E9A1E07F5157101F7D1F8BF28

SIZE: 16337 KB

Heres the promised combined version:

Link 1.1 and 2.0 CAB Addon: Foxy_dotNET_1.1_and_2.0_SVCPACK_Addon

Link 1.1 and 2.0 CAB Addon: TMP Mirror Link

MD5: 6D9D2E0643BCDB53506C63A2C801FBEF

SIZE: 27545 KB

Builddate: 2006-05-23

Description: Installs .NET 2.0 from svcpack @ T13

Language: English

Version: 2.0

License: Freeware?

Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003

Using netfx.msi from Roguespears silent addon (md5), during a diff compare to my extracted, Ryans and Roguespears they all differed. I'm sure it doesn't matter but I didn't feel like finding out what changed so I took the one I knew worked.

How the 7-Zip Switchless 2.0 EXE work:

• [GLOBAL WAIT] --> REGS --> [WAIT] --> installing --> [/WAIT] --> REGS --> [/GLOBAL WAIT] --> TMP files deleted.

Have fun all!

Edited by Aserone

Thanks for your addon. :thumbup

I noticed the CAB file was smaller than the 7z file it contained.

How do you 7zip it ? Normal compression ?

I got a computer with 1GB RAM so I can compress it with Ultra profile if you want. It saves 200KB.

And btw if someone wants to reduce the size of the file : I guess you can remove some of the adm files in \Windows\inf. They are localizations. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

your addon is awesome but i get this error during installation. i forgot exactly what it says but it complained about an error with a DLL.

Thanks for your addon. :thumbup

I noticed the CAB file was smaller than the 7z file it contained.

How do you 7zip it ? Normal compression ?

I got a computer with 1GB RAM so I can compress it with Ultra profile if you want. It saves 200KB.

And btw if someone wants to reduce the size of the file : I guess you can remove some of the adm files in \Windows\inf. They are localizations. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...