how to get microsoft people to respond

I've probably written about this situation before but I will continue to write about it until I get the answers I desperately need :) I need to know technical stuff

I saw a HP and that system had the DVD Video as an option on the format page, the person hooked up the computer and didn't buy anything special to get the option.

Is there a way to determine if what I have is indeed MCE 2005 and not 2004? I need to know everything possible about this Windows Media Center Edition. Am I correct about this ... the decoder is needed to get the tv to work on my monitor and Microsoft doesn't send them out with the product? WMCE 2005 has the ability to burn data and video DVDs without buying a special program to do so?

Where, and with whom can I speak with, to find out all I need to know about WMCE?

Thank you for your time and any/all help

maybe your friend didn't buy anything special to get the option, but OEMs have installed many things in the computer to get more usful than retail version of MCE2005.

I think most OEMs have installed DVD Decoders in the system so users do not need to install it.

So you must install a compatable DVD Encoder to burn a DVD video disc.(maybe my answer is not exactly right :))

Here in my Simplified Chinese forum have a compatable Sonic DVD Encoder for MCE 2005 to burn DVD Video disc.

http://www.ihtpc.net/viewthread.php?tid=1123