Need help with Bartpe

Would someone be able to explain to me the best way I can use Bartpe to format my hard drive into 2 partitions, C and D, with D being 4 gigs, and C being the rest of the drive, and then immediately automatically install my unattended slipstream and Norton Ghost on the C partition all in one unattended step? Thank you. If this is not the best way to accomplish this, and you know of another way, I would be happy to give it a try.

I have done so much reading over the past few days. I am stuck. If anyone has some time, I would be grateful if you could at least get me started with my problem. I'm trying to figure this out on my own, but I am getting nowhere.

Thank you, bober, but I am looking for a guide to use bartpe. I don't know the first thing about it except for what I have been reading. I know what I want to do, but I don't know how to go about doing it. It seems like it should be so simple to run bartpe, have it partion the drive like I need, and then start my unatteded install and add ghost. The problem is, I don't know where to start. I have been searching for days. I am guessing I have to create some sort of batch file to run diskpart, then to run my unattended, then to add ghost, but I'm not sure how to do this. I know someone obviously has done this, and all I am asking is for a little help to get me going. Thanks.

there's a plugin that will install bartpe on a hdd. it will format the drive but i think the partioning part is buggy{i have always used a single partion, that works fine}

i think the plugin comes with bartpe but you will have activate it. it say's something like "install bartpe on the hard drive" in the menu.

that web site i posted earlier should be of help to you.

bober,

I have seen in many posts that people are using bartpe with diskpart to partition their drives with no problems, all fully unattended. This is what I am trying to learn. If it couldn't be done, they wouldn't say it works. Also, people have posted me that it can be done, but no one has explained how. There must be a tutorial out there somewhere, all I am asking is point me to it.

Thank you Brain, but I am even looking for something not as complicated. I don't need a network install. I can work directly from a cd. I just want to partition my drive into c and d with d being 4 gigs and c being the rest, and then have the unattended install start automatically, and then have ghost installed automatically. That's it. There must be a script out there that does this very easily.