Connect to the internet ?

Hi!

In my company we have the local network and I have access to the internet via proxy server with own password.When I won't to connect to the internet I open web browser and then I must type the proxi user name and password,so I can use web browsing and web mail,but I can't use mail client or any other internet software.How I can set the master password for proxy connections in my computer,so I can use the other net software,like mail client and so on or which one software do I need?

thx for the answer

You should be able to setup the proxy within each application, but of course it depends on the applicaitons.

For example, in Thunderbird (email) you go to TOOLS/OPTIONS/CONNECTION SETTINGS and the proxy info is in there.

Well,looks like that I can only use software which one have proxy build in it :} and the others one don't.

Does is maybae posible to set my machine like router or something,so i can use all my software?

There is probably a dlink/linksys product that can act as a proxy client so you can route everything through the router.

What software do you use that doesn't have a proxy option?

Or perhaps WinGate can help you?

You should realize that your company probably has their proxy setup like this for a reason and that if you start sending unauthorized traffic through the proxy you WILL get busted eventually.

It is their network and they can do whatever they want with it.

Or perhaps WinGate can help you?

You should realize that your company probably has their proxy setup like this for a reason and that if you start sending unauthorized traffic through the proxy you WILL get busted eventually.

It is their network and they can do whatever they want with it.

You are totaly right TAiN,so maybae is better to just use software with proxy built in it,but really Thx for all your help! :hello:

Are you in a Server 2000/2003 environment? And if so why are you having to authenticate everytime you want to use the internet or any application using TCP/IP? Once logged into your domain you should have no problems. I would consult with your admin.