Microsoft Office: The Betas are ready!

Tarun

The 2007 Microsoft Office system beta is available. Follow the new products as they go through to the finals and order or download the betas here.

Inside the 2007 beta you'll discover many new features and improvements, all designed to help people work more efficiently and productively than ever before. Among them are:

• A more intuitive user interface
  • Better product integration
  • Improved collaboration tools
  • Enhanced security
  • And more...

Bookmark the Microsoft Office system preview site - it's where you'll find the latest information about the 2007 beta. Visit the Microsoft Office system preview site and discover more today.

Download: Download Now

I'm personally not fond of the UI's in either the Vista beta or the Office beta. They just annoy me. All visual effects no real usefulness. XGF though the same thing, is more impressive since it'd be the first time linux would have ANYTHING to that scale of GUI graphics.

I'm personally not fond of the UI's in either the Vista beta or the Office beta. They just annoy me. All visual effects no real usefulness. XGF though the same thing, is more impressive since it'd be the first time linux would have ANYTHING to that scale of GUI graphics.

Too true, I am also unable to adjust to new interface of Office 2007. It simply is irritating when many of the options of office 2003 or earlier versions are missing from both the menu and the toolbar.

You have to customize the the quick access toolbar to get all your earlier options. And above all, there is no option to revert back to earlier toolbar and menus :no:

Edited by clavicle

Mr. Neilson (The person who teaches Infopro at my school, also my home room teacher) isnt going to be to happy about ordering new textbooks to teach office 12! :P

Edited by WolfX2

I think you should ask yourself if you really need it. Sure, it's great to try some new software, but is it really necessary? I'm still using Office XP... have had no problems with it yet.

The new UI is just... yuck :}