[LAN]Firewall restrictions on videos and some other matters about cabl

Hello friends

I’m using cable net and my cable provider add some restrictions on videos and some websites, I use some softwares like HTTP tunnel and Proxifier but they never work, please tell me is it possible I can bypass firewall use port 8080 and I also want to know is it possible I can see networking traffic on my system mean which system or IP whats doing in net??? Waiting your replies thanks

Edited by muddassar

You can use TCPview to monitor the activity.

Hello this is not what i want i want you see traffic of other system what they are doing on Net and remember my system is a client not server and no one know how to bypass ISA Server

I'm having trouble understanding what you need/want to do. Your first post kinda sounded like you needed proxy help but then you mentioned a firewall.

You want to view other people's network traffic? Do you mean on the LAN side of a home router? Have you looked at Ethereal?

I'm having trouble understanding what you need/want to do. Your first post kinda sounded like you needed proxy help but then you mentioned a firewall.

You want to view other people's network traffic? Do you mean on the LAN side of a home router? Have you looked at Ethereal?

Actually I am discussing two matters let me clear:

First I want how to bypass ISA server I am using cable net and firewall client install on my system and in server the cable provider added some restrictions on videos and some websites so users like me never able to download some extensions. I have use some software’s to bypass it by they never do so

Second

I want to watch users on my network, what they are doing on net I am not using router I am using cable net. I am a user not provider so is it possible that a user system watch network user??? If yes plzz tell the software name I have try Ethereal? But its not work on win98

If you are being blocked at your ISP you will have a really tough time getting around their roadblocks...and in the process you will get caught and they will terminate your contract. You are better off getting a different ISP...save yourself the time/trouble.

I'm still not sure if you are trying to monitor the users on YOUR side of the cable modem or on the OTHER side of the cable modem.

For Ethereal you must first install WinPcap.

If you are being blocked at your ISP you will have a really tough time getting around their roadblocks...and in the process you will get caught and they will terminate your contract. You are better off getting a different ISP...save yourself the time/trouble.

I'm still not sure if you are trying to monitor the users on YOUR side of the cable modem or on the OTHER side of the cable modem.

For Ethereal you must first install WinPcap.

I am using Cable net, my cable provider Have DSL Link and we are users via LAn card ...

Ethereal C++(Run time error)

The Ethereal idea is primarily for YOUR side of the modem. I've heard that it is possible to sniff your local cable modem user pool but have never tried it. If you are trying to sniff the OTHER side of your modem maybe someone else can helps us here or I will do some more research. It woul be neat to learn about.
That is a current, known Ethereal bug for Win98. Try using a development version.

The Ethereal idea is primarily for YOUR side of the modem. I've heard that it is possible to sniff your local cable modem user pool but have never tried it. If you are trying to sniff the OTHER side of your modem maybe someone else can helps us here or I will do some more research. It woul be neat to learn about.
That is a current, known Ethereal bug for Win98. Try using a development version.

Hmmmm TAiN soo your are not sure about it that it mointer or watch other users on networkwhere i want to tell you i am not using modem, i am on a network via LAn card and server shared net and installed ISA server on main PC and i am a costomer and using fiirewall client.

now i am downloading http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/build...0-SVN-18188.exe may be it work

Hello TAin this is not what i want ethereal is a restriction programe that add restrictions for your own Pc i want to see other system on networking what they are doing on net ....

Edited by muddassar

Hmmmm TAiN soo your are not sure about it that it mointer or watch other users on networkwhere i want to tell you i am not using modem, i am on a network via LAn card and server shared net and installed ISA server on main PC and i am a costomer and using fiirewall client.
You connect to the net via an Ethernet cable w/o a router/modem/gateway device? You must be in a college dorm or something....in that case you should be able to easily sniff lots of traffic on your network segment.
Hello TAin this is not what i want ethereal is a restriction programe that add restrictions for your own Pc i want to see other system on networking what they are doing on net ....
Based on everything you have told me, Ethereal is exactly what you need. It is pretty much the standard. That doesn't mean that it is user-friendly, though. You need to have an understanding of how packet-switched networks operate.

You connect to the net via an Ethernet cable w/o a router/modem/gateway device? You must be in a college dorm or something....in that case you should be able to easily sniff lots of traffic on your network segment.
Based on everything you have told me, Ethereal is exactly what you need. It is pretty much the standard. That doesn't mean that it is user-friendly, though. You need to have an understanding of how packet-switched networks operate.

TAiN In simple words is there any software that allow any user to see whats other users on a LAn networking doing on net, for exp like server can monitor other users with firewall any Win proxy...is it possible for users to monitor??????

Lots of other tools can be found here.

You can't gather data to the same extent as the network admins, but you can pick up some interesting info.

Hello TAin i have checked these sofwares but they never done my job :no: if you have oR anyone else know any tested software plzzz plzzz plzz share with us